Companies That Offer Writing Jobs That Are Work from Home
Writing jobs are one of the most flexible jobs that can be done from home. And many times, even beginners can jump in. I've made a lot of money through the years through online writing jobs. Some were just small jobs, an article here and there, but some were ongoing jobs with nice paychecks. When I started out, I had no real portfolio – so do not let that stop you. There is enough work to go around for both the beginner and the seasoned writer.
Even if you a start out making only $5 for a small 300 word article, it's a step. It also allows you to get feedback and decide if you really like this type of work.
Below is a very large list of websites and companies that are looking for both professional writers and new writers. As well, don't forget that Flexjobs offers vetted job leads for all kinds of remote positions. They do this for a very low membership fee that is well worth it in my opinion.
List of Writing Jobs
Create eBooks in Minutes – eBook Creator Software
-Finally create that ebook EASILY and sell it again and again for pure profit!
Get Paid to Create Lists
– There are websites that will pay you to write lists. Find out more and who pays!
Get Paid to Write Dating Profiles
– Believe it or not, some writers have been able to make a full-time living creating profiles alone.
– Though technically not a traditional writing job, Parexel does hire researchers. So this might interest writer-types as well.
– New writers and beginners (and seasoned writers too!) — You can bid on writing projects and are paid if your article is selected.
About.com (Now Dash)
– Guides are paid a flat rate, but they can also earn residual pay on their work too.
*About.com has been re-branded as Dash. Although they don't have an open hiring page for freelance writers, I am still researching it to see if they do still hire at all.
– Higher education needed, think master's degree. Pay varies widely – but you can make over $30 per well written page.
*not always hiring
– This site is about renting space – in your home, apartment on a temp basis. They hire writers now and then – not ongoing.
Amazon.com Mechanical Turks
– Writing jobs abound, but pay is really low. I've seen assignments paying only $2 for a 400+ word article. But if you need money now – might be an option.
A Pass Education
– K-12 Science, Social Studies, Math, or ELA Associate. Need to have a Bachelor's degree or higher, item writing experience, and be able to write and respond to requests about 2-5 hours per day.
– Proofreaders, copy editors and page formatters will be given a skills test in order to be hired.
– Hundreds of assignments to choose from. Helpful suggestions from editors to help you improve your writing.
– Starting your own blog.
– Several writing projects to bid on at all times.
– Hiring writers located in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
Buy Keyword Articles (SEO)
– Hiring freelance writers that understand SEO basics.
Blue Mountain Arts
– Contemporary prose or poetry written from personal experience for greeting cards.
– Hire writers for various assignments and topics. They don't offer much info. (Not hiring right now)
– Hire freelance career guide writers off and on. It's hit or miss when they are hiring or looking for writers.
– Freelance writing opportunity. Sometimes they hire editors and proofreaders too.
– Now re-branded as LeafGroup, they own sites like eHow that they need writers for.
-They typically have a list of current writing opps.
Freelance Writers Den
– This is a freelance writing job board, but they also offer bootcamps. Those will cost a monthly fee, but can help you with your freelance writing skills to gain more expertise in your craft.
How Stuff Works
-Must email them your resume and writing samples to apply.
-Hire writers for their many websites, various topics.
Investigative Reporters and Editors
-Hire investigative reporters and writers.
– Write articles on a variety of topics. Great freelance gig.
Love To Know
– Similar to “How-To”. Writers write on topics needed, typically answering some type of question.
-Check their job listings for writing positions. There are often some posted there.
– Large database job search site for Canadians. Often writing jobs are posted.
Need an Article
-Pays per article. Various topics. They are not always hiring.
– Researchers and writers needed for research papers.
Places for Writers
– Lists all kinds of writing opportunities, including poetry.
Problogger Job Board
– Be sure to check out this free job board for all kinds of current freelance writing gigs.
– Hiring proofreaders with experience.
– Hire editors, proofreaders, copywriters.
– Editor and proofreading jobs.
– Medical writing.
Sierra Club Magazine
– Sometimes have freelance writing jobs.
Sunoasis Publishing Job Postings
– They typically have a list of writing job opps.
– Writers, editors, proofreaders, designers, compositors, photographers, illustrators
– Hires freelance editors.
– Write computer tips. Earn from $25 to $50 per article.
– Hiring US-based writers. Pays via paypal.
– Always looking for great writing. Pays well.
Write On Results
– If you have beautiful handwriting, you could earn cash with this company.
Articles Regarding Writing and Freelance Work
– Interview with expert that proofreads from anywhere in the world on her ipad making a full time income of $3000+ a month. She offers a free 7 day course.
Top 7 Websites to Make Money Writing
– A list of 7 sites that many have had success writing for.
Online Writing Jobs
– Is freelance writing for you? What direction should you go in?
Writing a How-To Booklet
– A “getting started” guide for those interested in writing booklets.
– Though payment is not the norm, there is an opportunity to get exposure for your work and build your portfolio.
Do you work at home as a writer? Keep reading…
Many want to work at home as a writer, especially those that love to write! If you have earned at home or currently work at home as a writer – whether it was part-time, full-time or just freelance piece work — I'd love for you to share your thoughts and experiences below in the comments section. By doing so, you help others and help make this resource for those looking for writing work even better. Thank you in advance.