Last Updated on November 1, 2021 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
If you're considering direct sales as a side hustle or new business venture, you'd really like to know what your options are, right? Whether you're new to direct sales companies, or you can sell products to anyone, it's good to find a business that fits you! Not the other way around.
Direct selling can be fun and lucrative if you find the right one for you. Many women love the idea of being their own boss or being a work at home mom and the direct sales industry offers them a lot of options to do so.
The struggle with finding the perfect direct sales company is that there are an abundance of direct sellers. Especially in 2021 – there are thousands worldwide. Just aimlessly perusing a long list of companies is not helpful.
Here at your direct sales resource site, MoneyMakingMommy.com the direct sales companies 2021 list below can help make your search much easier. We list consultants with old and new direct sales companies.
What is Direct Sales?
So much more than the old “door to door” sales and marketing impression that we once had. We have gathered a list of some of the most popular Direct Sales Companies / Network Marketing companies in business today. Some have been around for years, and some are fairly new or brand new. But regardless, many find direct sales a great way to earn extra income.
Although not everyone likes the idea of direct sales businesses, some folks have really built an honest to goodness business with these direct sales companies. Several companies within the directory are on the DSA Company List. This is the Direct Selling Association list. I try to indicate in the tags of each listing if they are a DSA.org member. You can however, do a search yourself of the Direct Selling Association list here.
How Do I Find the Right Direct Sales Company for Me?
This can seem like an overwhelming task initially. Just because of the sheer volume of home business companies that are out there. Let's break it down into an easier task. I've found over the years from my own personal experience, as well as talking with 100's of other men and women in direct sales that by asking yourself certain questions, you can narrow down your direct sales search immensely. And take your time – mull it over. Sleep on it.
You might gravitate toward personal care products, like essential oils, beauty products or nutritional products. Being an independent consultant will take a lot of discipline and being passionate about your business is important. What might be a good opportunity for one person, might not be for another. So, something you like for personal use can help you sell via your enthusiasm and experience.
10 Direct Sales Questions to Ask Yourself Before Choosing a Company
1. What types of products or services do I need in my own personal life?
2. What types of high quality products or unique products do I want in my life and could talk about for hours and hours?
3. How much extra money can I earmark to start my home business? Startup costs. Starter kit?
4. Can I dedicate enough time to my direct sales opportunity? (Consider your family, work and other obligations.)
5. Would I enjoy one-on-one sales? Calling warm leads? Hosting parties to build my customer base?
6. Would I want my business to be totally done online with minimal traveling?
7. How tech-savvy would I need to be? Do they offer a free website?
8. Is there an area in my home that I can dedicate to the business opportunity I've chosen?
9. Have I looked up the tax laws in my State regarding home business earnings and sales tax?
10. Am I willing to take the time to share the business thoroughly with others interested in the company?
These home business questions are key to drilling down to:
– What product or compensation plan appeal to you? The percent commission you will get?
– Do you have the time to invest in your home business?
– And do you have the money to invest in your new venture?
And just as a side note, there are certainly home party plans that make it easy to do “everything” online. But in order to grow a business, it's good to at least enjoy talking with people. Or try and pick a business that will be something people might ask you about. Tapping into social media has become a very lucrative way for many to grow a business. You might also consider starting your own blog to share your products and experiences with others.
Regardless – understanding your target audience is important for marketing. If you ARE your target audience — it can make a huge difference.
How Much Money Can I Make Doing Direct Sales or Home Parties?
I speak to women every day that are prime examples of successful work at home moms. These women have either created their own company or worked their way up a direct sales company.
Most of the women that are listed in this directory are shining examples of those working on promoting and investing in their dream. Direct marketing and sales are a fabulous, popular way to grab the American Dream.
So — how much money can you make? There are averages, ranging around $400 for part-timers and $800 for full-timers. Of course, there will always be those go-getters that not only make a full-time income but retire their spouses in the process!
Finding potential customers, paying a monthly fee (for some) and investing too much time with little return can be hurdles.
The Costs Involved with Starting in Direct Sales
Most start-up kits are reasonable. The average squarely lands the majority of companies at less than $300. Typically, a lot less. I am sure there are exceptions – but honestly, spending anywhere from $0-$300 to start YOUR OWN home business??? YES! It's truly an opportunity of a lifetime for the person that has the vision and ambition. And in almost every business I have come across, the expense of the kit is usually justified by giving you much more product at well below retail costs, and everything you need to start the business. This can include catalogs, a website and samples.
And remember, there are direct sales companies free to join. And there are many companies for moms out there that offer fundraising opportunities that they can share with their children’s schools. (You too, dads!)
We wish you success in your research for the perfect company. Our directory is updated all the time, with new reps adding their information every day! If a company interests you, reach out to the rep listed and ask questions about the comp plan. Maybe ask if they can mail you a catalog or the link to see it online. You may even be able to ask for samples. I know when I was active with Avon, I gave out catalogs and samples a lot to help potential reps experience some of the products and review everything that was offered. (Get your company listed today. Use this form.)
27 Direct Sales Company Categories to Help You Find the Best for You
Here are 27 direct sales company categories. Choose the categories that interest you most and that you feel you could be a passionate salesperson for. Remember, that you'll not only want to love being a direct sales consultant for your company, but a great coach for any team member you recruit too!
From there, you can narrow it down even further to find the best direct sales company for you! Many companies are United States only — but there are several offered in other countries too. Lots of these companies have been around a long time — like Mary Kay, Tupperware, Discovery Toy and Pampered Chef. But there are newer ones listed too, like Touchstone Crystal and Initial Outfitters.
1. ANTI-AGING DIRECT MARKETING AND SALES
– Products and/or services aimed at anti-aging, for example, nutrition support and wellness products to promote healthy living. ANTI-AGING DIRECT MARKETING AND SALES
2. AROMATHERAPY AND ESSENTIAL OILS DIRECT SALES
3. DIRECT SALES FOOD COMPANIES (and baking)
– Cookware and bakeware for your home. DIRECT SALES FOOD COMPANIES
4. DIRECT SALES CANDLE COMPANIES
5. CLEANING AND NATURAL HOME CARE PRODUCTS
– Cleaning products for home or office. CLEANING
6. DIRECT SALES MAKEUP COMPANIES (and skincare)
– Cosmetics, mineral make-up, facial masks, skin care products for acne and more. DIRECT SALES MAKEUP COMPANIES
7. DIET EXERCISE AND WEIGHT LOSS DIRECT SALES
8. EDUCATION AND LEARNING DIRECT SALES
– Education products for adults and children. EDUCATION AND LEARNING DIRECT SALES
9. ENERGY, FUEL AND UTILITIES
– Savings, convenience and other products for every day fuel and energy consumption. ENERGY, FUEL AND UTILITIES
10. DIRECT SALES CLOTHING COMPANIES (and fashion)
– Products to help with personal and business finances and financial goals. FINANCE
12. FOOD DIRECT SALES
– Baking, cooking, sauces, dips and other products to make cooking more convenient and fabulous. These companies offer everything from coffee to chocolate. FOOD DIRECT SALES
13. GIFTS AND CRAFTS
– Gift items and craft type items. Personalized and more. GIFTS AND CRAFTS
14. HEALTH AND WELLNESS DIRECT SALES
– Nutritional products to improve health and wellness, energy levels, sleep and more. HEALTH AND WELLNESS DIRECT SALES
15. HOME BUSINESS IDEAS
– A list of ideas I've created over the years to help you brainstorm home biz ideas. HOME BUSINESS IDEAS
16. HOME DECOR DIRECT SALES
– Products to help decorate your home in all different type styles – from country to modern. Many sell bakeware/dishes as well. HOME DECOR DRIECT SALES
17. INTERNET AND SOFTWARE DIRECT SALES
– Internet services and products. Software products for everyday help and business issues. INTERNET AND SOFTWARE DIRECT SALES
18. JEWELRY HOME BUSINESS
– Wide variety of jewelry products. Silver, handmade and more. JEWELRY HOME BUSINESS
19. LEGAL and JUDICIAL
– Services and products that help with every day legal issues and more complicated ones. LEGAL and JUDICIAL
20. PETS & ANIMAL LOVERS
– Pet food, snacks and many other pet/animal products and services. PETS & ANIMAL LOVERS
21. DIRECT SALES PURSE COMPANIES
– Designer inspired, hand-made and more. DIRECT SALES PURSE COMPANIES
22. SCRAPBOOKING AND KEEPSAKE DIRECT SALES
– Scrapbooking supplies that include both craft items like paper and adornments and equipment for scrapbooking too. SCRAPBOOKING AND KEEPSAKE DIRECT SALES
23. SELF DEFENSE AND PROTECTION
– Products for self defense and personal protection. SELF DEFENSE AND PROTECTION
24. TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND CELLPHONE
– Products and services geared toward cellphones, cable and phone services in general. TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND CELLPHONE
25. TOYS AND KIDS DIRECT SALES
– Both education toys and toys for play. This includes baby toys for learning and development. TOYS AND KIDS DIRECT SALES
26. TRAVEL DIRECT SALES
– Home business and direct marketing and sales companies in the travel industry. TRAVEL DIRECT SALES
27. DIRECT SALES WINE COMPANIES
GET LISTED! If we don't have a rep listed for the company your with — We can add it easily! You'll be the EXCLUSIVE Rep for your business in the category you choose! Direct Sales Listing Submission Form