Last Updated on August 16, 2021 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
If you're considering direct sales as a side hustle or new business venture, you'd really like to know what your options are, right? Whether you're new to direct sales companies, or this isn't your first time, it's good to find a business that fits you! Not the other way around. Direct selling can be fun and lucrative if you find the right one for you.
The struggle with finding the perfect direct sales company is that there are so many. Especially in 2021 – there are thousands worldwide. Just aimlessly perusing a long list of companies is not helpful. Here at your direct sales resource site, MoneyMakingMommy.com the direct sales companies 2021 list below can help make your search much easier.
What is Direct Sales?
So much more than the old “door to door” sales and marketing impression that we once had. We have gathered a list of some of the most popular Direct Sales Companies / Network Marketing companies in business today. Some have been around for years, and some are fairly new or brand new.
Although not everyone likes the idea of direct sales businesses, some folks have really built an honest to goodness business with these direct sales companies. Several companies within the directory are on the DSA Company List. This is the Direct Selling Association list. I try to indicate in the tags of each listing if they are a DSA.org member. You can however, do a search yourself of the Direct Selling Association list here.
How Do I Find the Right Direct Sales Company for Me?
This can seem like an overwhelming task initially. Just because of the sheer volume of home business companies that are out there. Let's break it down into an easier task. I've found over the years from my own personal experience, as well as talking with 100's of other men and women in direct sales that by asking yourself certain questions, you can narrow down your direct sales search immensely. And take your time – mull it over. Sleep on it.
10 Direct Sales Questions to Ask Yourself
1. What types of products or services do I need in my own personal life?
2. What types of products do I want in my life and could talk about for hours and hours?
3. How much money can I earmark to start my home business?
4. Can I dedicate enough time to my business? (Consider your family, work and other obligations.)
5. Would I enjoy one-on-one sales? Calling warm leads? Hosting parties?
6. Would I want my business to be totally done online with minimal traveling?
7. How tech-savvy would I need to be?
8. Is there an area in my home that I can dedicate to my business?
9. Have I looked up the tax laws in my State regarding home business earnings and sales tax?
10. Am I willing to take the time to share the business thoroughly with others interested in the company?
These home business questions are key to drilling down to:
– What products or business models appeal to you?
– Do you have the time to invest in your home business?
– And do you have the money to invest in your new venture?
And just as a side note, there are certainly home party plans that make it easy to do “everything” online. But in order to grow a business, it's good to at least enjoy talking with people. Or try and pick a business that will be something people might ask you about.
Can I Make a Full-Time Income Doing Direct Sales and Marketing?
I speak to women every day that are prime examples of successful work at home moms. These women have either created their own company or worked their way up a direct sales company.
Most of the women that are listed in this directory are shining examples of those working on promoting and investing in their dream. Direct marketing and sales are a fabulous, popular way to grab the American Dream.
There are averages though, ranging around $400 for part-timers and $800 for full-timers. Of course, there will always be those go-getters that not only make a full-time income but retire their spouses in the process!
The Costs Involved with Starting Your Own Business
Most start-up kits are reasonable. The average squarely lands the majority of companies at less than $300. Typically, a lot less. I am sure there are exceptions – but honestly, spending anywhere from $0-$300 to start YOUR OWN home business??? YES! It's truly an opportunity of a lifetime for the person that has the vision and ambition. And in almost every business I have come across, the expense of the kit is usually justified by giving you much more product at well below retail costs, and everything you need to start the business. This can include catalogs, a website and samples.
And remember, there are some companies that are free to join. And there are many companies for moms out there that offer fundraising opportunities that they can share with their children’s schools. (You too, dads!)
We wish you success in your research for the perfect company. Our directory is updated all the time, with new reps adding their information every day! If a company interests you, reach out to the rep listed and ask questions about the comp plan. Maybe ask if they can mail you a catalog or the link to see it online. You may even be able to ask for samples. I know when I was active with Avon, I gave out catalogs and samples a lot to help potential reps experience some of the products and review everything that was offered. (Get your company listed today. Use this form.)
Direct Sales Companies 2021 List
Here are 27 direct sales company categories. Choose the categories that interest you most and that you are most passionate about. From there, you can narrow it down even further to find the best direct sales company for you!
1. ANTI-AGING DIRECT MARKETING AND SALES
– Products and/or services aimed at anti-aging, for example, nutrition support and supplements. ANTI-AGING DIRECT MARKETING AND SALES
2. AROMATHERAPY AND ESSENTIAL OILS DIRECT SALES
3. DIRECT SALES FOOD COMPANIES (and baking)
– Cookware and bakeware for your home. DIRECT SALES FOOD COMPANIES
4. DIRECT SALES CANDLE COMPANIES
5. CLEANING AND NATURAL HOME CARE PRODUCTS
– Cleaning products for home or office. CLEANING
6. DIRECT SALES MAKEUP COMPANIES (and skincare)
– Cosmetics, mineral make-up, facial masks, skin care for acne and more. DIRECT SALES MAKEUP COMPANIES
7. DIET EXERCISE AND WEIGHT LOSS DIRECT SALES
8. EDUCATION AND LEARNING DIRECT SALES
– Education products for adults and children. EDUCATION AND LEARNING DIRECT SALES
9. ENERGY, FUEL AND UTILITIES
– Savings, convenience and other products for every day fuel and energy consumption. ENERGY, FUEL AND UTILITIES
10. DIRECT SALES CLOTHING COMPANIES (and fashion)
– Products to help with personal and business finances and financial goals. FINANCE
12. FOOD DIRECT SALES
– Baking, cooking, sauces, dips and other products to make cooking more convenient and fabulous. FOOD DIRECT SALES
13. GIFTS AND CRAFTS
– Gift items and craft type items. Personalized and more. GIFTS AND CRAFTS
14. HEALTH AND WELLNESS DIRECT SALES
– Products to improve health and wellness, energy levels, sleep and more. HEALTH AND WELLNESS DIRECT SALES
15. HOME BUSINESS IDEAS
– A list of ideas I've created over the years to help you brainstorm home biz ideas. HOME BUSINESS IDEAS
16. HOME DECOR DRIECT SALES
– Products to help decorate your home in all different type styles – from country to modern. Many sell bakeware/dishes as well. HOME DECOR DRIECT SALES
17. INTERNET AND SOFTWARE DIRECT SALES
– Internet services and products. Software products for everyday help and business issues. INTERNET AND SOFTWARE DIRECT SALES
18. JEWELRY HOME BUSINESS
– Wide variety of jewelry products. Silver, handmade and more. JEWELRY HOME BUSINESS
19. LEGAL and JUDICIAL
– Services and products that help with every day legal issues and more complicated ones. LEGAL and JUDICIAL
20. PETS & ANIMAL LOVERS
– Pet food, snacks and many other pet/animal products and services. PETS & ANIMAL LOVERS
21. DIRECT SALES PURSE COMPANIES
– Designer inspired, hand-made and more. DIRECT SALES PURSE COMPANIES
22. SCRAPBOOKING AND KEEPSAKE DIRECT SALES
– Scrapbooking supplies that include both craft items like paper and adornments and equipment for scrapbooking too. SCRAPBOOKING AND KEEPSAKE DIRECT SALES
23. SELF DEFENSE AND PROTECTION
– Products for self defense and personal protection. SELF DEFENSE AND PROTECTION
24. TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND CELLPHONE
– Products and services geared toward cellphones, cable and phone services in general. TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND CELLPHONE
25. TOYS AND KIDS DIRECT SALES
– Both education toys and toys for play. This includes baby toys for learning and development. TOYS AND KIDS DIRECT SALES
26. TRAVEL DIRECT SALES
– Home business and direct marketing and sales companies in the travel industry. TRAVEL DIRECT SALES
27. DIRECT SALES WINE COMPANIES
– Wine products and accessories. DIRECT SALES WINE COMPANIES
Don't see your company? We can add it easily! You'll be the EXCLUSIVE Rep for your business in the category you choose! Direct Sales Listing Submission Form