Create My Own Blog?! I Don’t Know Where to Begin?
Table of Contents
“Help me with starting a blog!” I’ve got some subscribers and visitors out there that really want to jump on the blog bandwagon. Blogs have been around for awhile – but there is no time like now for starting a blog of your own! My blog is something that I not only adore working on and building – but it’s extra income for me and my family. Actually, for me, it’s how I am saving for retirement more than anything. I got started very late in the game with my retirement, and I have many regrets about it. But my blog is helping me toward my retirement goal. And though that may not even be close to what your goal might be — you can earn with a blog, so the sooner you get started… the closer you’ll be to obtaining your personal goal.
I really want to help you get your blog started. I think you’ll actually be downright shocked out how easy it is to get started. I understand your anxiety about all of it. As a matter of fact, in 1999 I knew NOTHING about websites at all. I taught myself HTML and struggled and learned. BUT – after 10 years in HTML, I decided to move my site into WordPress and I was SO terrified. So I get it.
But WordPress is AMAZING. And it’s AMAZINGLY easy to use as well. Even for newbies.
You’ll want to click here to start your blog using WordPress.
Because most of us are on a budget, Bluehost lets us start our blog on a dime. Everyone I have spoken with that has used Bluehost has raved about the affordability and the service. They are extremely reputable and if you look at Consumer Rankings, you’ll see that are listed as one of the TOP THREE hosts. And though it might be tempting to go EVEN cheaper with your hosting… remember, you still want great service and support. That’s why Bluehost wins out for me. Also — Bluehost helps you get your domain name FREE. Yes, FREE.
So if you’re really struggling with why you should go with Bluehost, here are some things to think about:
1. Like I said, you’re going to get support. This is important because sometimes things just “happen”. And though it may never happen to you, if it does – you’re going to be so relieved you’ve got your own kind of “Batman” (or BatGirl) waiting in the wings to help.
2. The FREE domain that I mentioned. I own far too many domains. I collect them like other people collect beanie babies. Some of them cost me around $15 a year to renew and I don’t even have a site built for them yet! By going with Bluehost you get your domain name free. There is a savings for you right off the bat. NICE!
3. Hosting can run the gamut – I’ve seen hosting anywhere from $1.50 a month to $150 a month (or more!). Bluehost is going to give you a very affordable price for hosting. Less than that fancy Starbucks Caramel Macchiato you bought recently! Literally only $3.49 a month. Think about this… in as little as a few minutes, you could have your domain name, hosting and WordPress blog all up and running and you won’t even break the bank. Heck… this is couch cushion money!
4. You’ll be in control of YOUR blog. Unlike places like Blogger where you’re not in control. You are at the helm and in charge.
5. Your domain name is your url (link). There is nothing added to it like mywebsite.blogspot.com — NO! You don’t want that. You want JUST your domain name. It’s easy for people to remember and looks way more reputable.
6. Bluehost WANTS you to succeed and they WANT you to be happy. This is why they strive to give everyone affordable rates and excellent customer support.
7. Bluehost stands by their service.
The sky’s the limit. So give some thought to a domain name that you love and that conveys your message. (This is actually my favorite part!) Yes – there are lots of names already taken… but just be creative and my advice is to make it something catchy. Yes, short is good — but you have a little room too.
Too Long: MyBlogIsSoAmazingandAwesome.com
Probably a little long.
You could go with…
You get the idea. Just make sure you really love it. “Domain Name Regret” is a real thing.
Creating Your Own Blog Gets Even Better — So Don’t Worry!
The other wonderful thing about Bluehost is they offer amazing tutorials. Oh, how I wish this was all around back in 1999 when I was beginning my site and pulling my hair out because I was so lost and frustrated. I mean, I survived it all — but I still feel a little traumatized by it all. I had a six-year-old playing with legos next to me and a baby on my lap and I was crammed in a tiny corner in my dining room just beside myself and about in tears often.But YOU...yes YOU don't have to face that kind of blog start-up anguish.Click To Tweet Bluehost REALLY wants you as a client and they REALLY want you to succeed. So they’ve created far better tutorials than I ever could to help you.
The tutorials you need are below – and if ANYTHING goes wrong (which I seriously doubt it will) — Bluehost has your back. But these videos will make this even easier for you. So once you’ve got your domain name and hosting set up with Bluehost, you’re going to want to crack into these tutorials.
TUTORIALS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN BLOG
How to install WordPress using Mojo Marketplace (in your control panel at Bluehost)
*Get ready to be amazed by the simplicity!
How do I transfer my domain name?
*Maybe you have a blog already, but you’re wanting more affordable hosting or better support. Bluehost has got you! Simple instructions to follow.
Create Your Own Blog. Yes.
Not only does Bluehost want you to succeed, but I do. My blog has been and still is incredibly rewarding. And though I’ve been at it for 15+ years, it never gets old. The people I’ve met, the people I’ve helped – it’s an amazing journey. A journey I want to continue as long as I possibly can. I’ve sunk a good portion of my life into this blog and I have never looked back. And there have been times along the way that have been devastating and heartbreaking, but I always brush myself off and I always come back to my blog. I really feel like my blog is kind of my spirit animal (no kidding!). It fulfills me and it’s something that makes me very proud. It’s like a child that I’ve nurtured and helped grow. But it also keeps me sane in many ways.
Create your own blog…. if it’s what you feel in your heart and what you want to do, then let nothing stop you. Even people that say no… heck, even if a little part of you says “no… this is too hard for you” — shut those voices down. If this is your dream – then dream big and get started. You can be up and running within the next few minutes. So go for it…click here to start your blog using WordPress.
Making it Even Easier…to Start That Blog!
Below, I’ve got screenshots to walk you through the process, I thought this might reassure anyone that’s got their toe in the water, but just wants a bit more help before that leap.
1. Go to the Bluehost site:
2. Select the plan you’re wanting, all are affordable:
3. Get creative, here’s the time to pick your blog’s domain name:
4. You’ll enter your account info next – this is just basic info for billing and contacting.
5. Here you’ll enter your payment preference. Pretty standard and encrypted for security.
6. Create your password for your account.
7. Heeyy!!! You did it! Your account is now set-up and you’re ready to create your dream blog!
8. Now the fun begins! You’re going to pick a theme you love!
9. Now… you are ready to start building your blog! It’s time to get super psyched!
10. Now that you’re on the wordpress platform, you can choose if this is going to be a personal blog or more business related.
Tell Me About Your the New Blog You Created!
I’m going to be really nosey and selfish here. I want to know about your new blog! I REALLY, REALLY do. So — if you created a WordPress blog at Bluehost because you read this post – I want you to tell me about it below in the comments section. This is something new I’m doing. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before — but I love discovering new blogs and who better to discover than people that created a Bluehost WordPress blog after reading a post I wrote! So as of today… I want to hear from you. Your comments and stories are welcome below.