This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
No Phone Required For These Work at Home Jobs
I can easily say that this is the most visited of my work at home jobs pages. There is something very appealing about working from home and not having to talk to anyone on the phone. I’m not sure why, maybe it’s because you wouldn’t have to have complete silence in the background and many of us have pets and kids — or some people are just really uncomfortable with speaking on the phone. I know for me – I have a big ole Labrador that feels compelled to bark at FedEx, UPS, the mailman, school buses — any vehicle that is big and loud makes my dog big and LOUD! And though I have been on the phone with clients before and doing customer support when she’s barked, I was able to simple say… “It’s bring your dog to work day!” and people were very nice about it.
However, there are many work at home jobs that require COMPLETE silence with no distractions whatsoever. And I get that — you’re representing their company and they don’t want a customer on one end of the phone and a flustered parent with a baby crying in the background being the voice of their company. I can appreciate that because I know if I were calling about a stolen credit card, or my internet being down… or whatever, I want to feel I am speaking with someone that is professional and totally focused on me.
As someone working at home though — I loved working a non-phone customer support job. Oh my goodness, night and day regarding stress level. I still had quotas and criteria to meet, I still had meetings every week — but the job itself was much more enjoyable answering clients via a ticketing system and email.
But no matter the reason you might be looking for non-phone work at home, rest assured, there are lots of options.
Please bookmark this page, because you won’t to miss out on any updates or additions to my non phone work from home resources below. Also -if you would be so kind to share this page with others that might be looking for this type of work I would appreciate it and I am sure they would be grateful too.
Non Phone Work at Home Jobs
– Witty, creative writers always needed. They look for “funny, edgy & risque” writers.
– Newer company, hires tech savvy support from around the world. No phones.
– This is a part-time gig with a one year contract. They aren’t always hiring either – but it is non-phone and work at home.
– Social media, client support and customer support jobs. Email and chat.
– Non-phone, email support for over 1.3 million subscribers that receive their monthly Glam Bag. (Not always hiring.)
– A few companies hire reviewers and evaluators to help categorize calls and provide feedback.
– They hire image reviewers. No sales or phone calls.
– If you’ve got great typing skills, secretarial skills and know programs like Excel and Word — you’ll want to check out this category.
– The pay is great (around $13 per hour), the hours are flexible. But the pre-qualification testing, quality criteria and machine-like quota that has to be met — not so great.
– Those with an education or background in teaching might find this area a good choice.
– Customer service using online chat.
– If you’re the creative type and good with zingers and ad copy – this might be a great way to earn.
– Message board and forum sweeping and moderating.
– Jobs for beginners and professionals.
– Those with experience and skills can find a lot of options.
– This is not only becoming a popular work at home career, it’s becoming more and more in demand.
– They seem to always be looking for folks to do voice work. Sounds like a unique and fun way to earn.
– You won’t get rich, but it’s nice to cash in the points you earn for Amazon Gift Cards. I use my points for Regal Cinema tickets and take my family to the movies once a month for free!
– Typically seasonal work. The pay is usually very good. Scorers use criteria to grade students essays and other papers and tests.
– Hiring live chat agents.
– They are often hiring freelance book reviewers.
– They coordinate the hiring process for many companies – including particular search engines looking for ad quality raters. Check Indeed for latest openings.
– Continually looking for voice talent for various projects.
– Though not a “job” — I have earned with Pinecone over the years. They pay $3 cash for their surveys. Real money – no gimmicks.
You can also find great ways to earn some extra cash doing micro tasks, reading emails and more over on the Extra Cash Directory page here.
Have an ideal no phone job? Keep reading…
Do you work at home doing something that doesn’t require a landline or phone? It would be great if you’d share it in the comments section below. By networking together and sharing experiences, this page can become an even better resource for those wanting to find a job at home, but prefer it to be something without talking on the phone. Thank you.
If you’re still looking for work at home, please be sure to check out the entire Work at Home Directory for more job ideas.