DISCLOSURE: The utmost transparency with my readers is important to me. Therefore, I want to fully disclose that within this post there may be affiliate links. If an affiliate link exists, it's a product/service I trust or it wouldn't be there in the first place.
Chat Jobs Are a Popular Alternative for Those Seeking a Non Phone Job
There are many, many of my readers that love the idea of doing customer service — but well, the idea of taking phone calls isn't so appealing. I understand this because I did a customer service job from home part-time for a small retail website. I didn't enjoy angry customers taking out their frustrations on me. But I can honestly say, that most calls and emails that I deal with are friendly, nice people.
Of course, there will always be angry customers in customer service type work — but chat jobs allow you to not worry about background noise like kids, pets….etc.
If phones are out the question for you (for whatever reason), here is a list of customer service chat jobs and other types of jobs done using online chat that might appeal to you.
As always – I am on the lookout every day for new companies and websites that offer this type of work. So bookmark this page, and come back often. Also – please share it with friends and family that might find it helpful too.
Online Chat Jobs and Companies
– They are UK based, but hire in the USA. $10hr is the average. Mostly hire full time.
– They never advertise hiring, you have to reach out to them and request info/interest.
– Chat support and social media moderation.
– Chat positions. Typically not hiring but they do allow you to submit an application any way to have on file.
– Must be Utah resident. Not always hiring. Look under their Customer Service section on hiring page.
*I've recently seen some positions for Texas too.
-Though the majority of positions require phone support, they do offer chat positions too.
– They offer customer support positions that are chat and emailed based.
– Forum and chat moderation, as well as social media monitoring.
– Chat and forum moderation jobs.
– Offers chat and email customer support jobs. They use Zendesk. They offer full time with benefits. No Phones.
*Uber has sent the majority of their customer support overseas. Hiring is limited.
– They don't offer JUST chat jobs. But it is basically customer service and support.
– Chat with online customers to help them find the right product or what they are searching for.
– Chat support jobs for telecommunications.
– Great chat job for those interested in fashion, handbags. But they offer other clients to.
– They are mainly phone support, but check their search often for any chat jobs that might come available.
– Typical pay is $15 per hour and they strive for a team atmosphere even though everyone works virtually.
*Chat positions have transitioned to more of an email customer support position.
– They offer work at home chat jobs helping customers. Shifts are flexible
– They hire people to post comments in forums and on blogs. Not a full time job – just an extra cash kind of thing.
– This is one of the better paying chat jobs, some make $13+ an hour. Chat Reps assist customers with sales and product questions.
TIP: If all else fails and you're not really seeing anything above that resonates with you — be sure to check out chat/customer support type jobs at Indeed.com.
Do you currently have a chat job or know of whose hiring? Have questions about chat jobs? Keep reading…
So many are interested in non-phone work at home jobs, just like the online chat jobs above. I am sure there are more out there that I haven't come across yet. Please feel free to post information below and your questions about chat jobs. Sharing information and asking questions is the best way to make this page better and better. So please let others know about this page. I appreciate it. Thank you.
If you’re still looking for work at home, please be sure to check out the entire Work at Home Directory for more job ideas.