Help Customers with their Flower, Food and Gift Orders
Most of the time, for those of us that have had a work at home customer service job or two (or three)… there are good ones and there are bad ones. I guess that’s the way it goes with any kind of job really. But when you work at home and there are no co-workers in the same room, it’s a bit different. You’re really alone. Yes — there are chat rooms and there are supervisors that can be “pinged” — but it’s very different than having 6-7 people near you not just for camaraderie, but for help in those moments of “I don’t know!!”.
Customer Support Jobs Don’t Always Suck
So why do I mention this… Well — like I said, there are good customer support jobs from home and then there are ones that are like… from hell. But let’s just talk about the ones that are nice. Helping people with gift and floral orders. Now that sounds nice. Sure… there are going to be those angry customers here and there…. but it’s FLOWERS. And candy… stuffed animals, popcorn, fruit and other yummies. That’s the kind of customer support you’re doing when you work for 1800FLOWERS. And… you can do it from home. (If phones aren’t your thing, I have my No Phone Work at Home list and I also have an amazing list of Gig Economy Jobs.
Working at Home for 1800FLOWERS
The positions I see for 1800FLOWERS are seasonal. Now before you write it off, a lot of the seasonal workers have the opportunity to become full time if their performance warrants an invitation to do so. So keep that in mind.
Obviously, this is a customer support position. You’ll be helping customers with their gift orders and the busiest times of year for the company are Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
Specifics on 1800Flowers Jobs From Home
Below you’ll see the following responsibilities for this position: (according to the company job description)
– Provide customers with exceptional service by following very specific policies and procedures
– Assist customers in selecting products and gifts as well as offering add-ons and upselling
– Process orders using the internal computer tools and applications
– Verify and validate all information provided by the customer prior to order submission
– Communicate effectively with customers and act as an advocate on the customers behalf to uphold the company’s Product Guarantee Policy
– Accurately document all actions taken when working within a customer account
– Process order cancellations and adjustments in a timely and accurate manner
– Professionally respond to incoming and outgoing messages on behalf of 1800Flowers.com
– Consistently achieve key performance indicators (KPI) and performance standards as defined by management
– Adhere to coaching and development opportunities provided by managers
– Participate in ongoing coaching and training sessions to ensure your success in the position
What are the Requirements to Work at Home for 1800Flowers?
If you’ve been searching for work at home for any reasonable amount of time, I am sure you’ve run across other work at home positions that fall under customer support. Most times, you’ll see the requirements are pretty much the same across the board. There are always a few that are different or ask for something more or less — but you’ll find that 1800FLOWERS is pretty standard.
Successful candidates will meet the following:
– Own a PC with a reliable high-speed internet connection
– Ability to type 20-25 words per minute
– Prior contact center experience (strongly preferred)
– Previous work at home experience (preferred)
– Must be 18 years of age or older and have a High School diploma or GED
– Strong written and verbal communication skills; fundamental math skills
– Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process
– Motivation and dependability
– Available to work extended shifts during peak holiday weeks
– And the equipment (Home Office) needed is as follows:
Minimum Home Office Requirements:
– Minimum 2.0 Ghz Dual Core processor
– 2 GB RAM (some employment opportunities require a minimum of 4 GB RAM)
– 10 GB available hard drive space
– Sound card
– Windows 7, including Windows 8 and 8.1
– Dual ear (designed to minimize audio interference from outside sources)
– Noise cancelling microphone
Minimum Internet speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download. Regardless, your connection must in all cases continuously support outstanding call quality and high-speed interactive response rates while working with client tools. When you connect to the internet, the upload and download speeds you experience will vary based on a variety of factors including the configuration of your computer, the number of concurrent users in your household, the speed of the websites you or others in your household are accessing, network or internet congestion outside of your household, and other factors.
Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of internet service are typically not guaranteed by internet access providers. During peak hours, actual upload and download speeds will likely be lower than speeds promised to you in “as fast as” packages offered to you by your provider. Therefore, Sutherland Global Services cannot predict with certainty that the results from a speed test will, in fact, support the outstanding call quality or interactive speed requirements our Consultants need. Generally speaking, the faster the upload and download speed of your internet connection, the better.
Will I Be Trained?
Yep — you’ll be trained. Though to be honest, I’ve seen some comments here and there on forums and sites stating that the training could be better. Some have even said they felt they were just “thrown into it”. While others seemed perfectly fine with the training they were given. I guess it’s going to depend on how comfortable you are with it and how fast you learn.
The job listings I’ve seen state that training is paid.
How Do I Apply for 1800Flowers Jobs Online?
Throughout the year 1800FLOWERS will post job ads for SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS or SEASONAL SALES SUPPORT. You can check the 1800Flowers Career page.
1800FLOWERS has been known to use Sutherland CloudSource to do their hiring and training – so you can check their site for openings as well. You can view what is currently open here. If you’re still struggling with finding the perfect work at home job for you, don’t forget to check out all the leads on my work at home job board and you might consider an affordable membership with FlexJobs. They are the only “fee-based” job lead site I absolutely recommend.