Last Updated on July 13, 2018 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
Where to Get Clerical Training
I know many of you are looking for that REAL, honest to goodness “work at home” or telecommuting position. After spending many years researching this area for a living — let me be honest —these jobs can be few and far between, and the competition is fierce! The better your skills, the more knowledgeable you are — the better your chances. So don't be discouraged just yet. To become more marketable and to up your chances of landing one of these jobs (and jobs outside the home too) make sure your background speaks for itself. Be current and trained on the software, applications or area(s) that the employer is needing to fill.
More Than Just Clerical Skills
Clerical skills alone are not enough in most cases. Getting clerical job training helps you gain the skills you need to land your dream job.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Survey Junkie - Surveys & Product testing. Open in the USA, Canada, & Australia.
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
Below you'll find several companies that offer FREE information on clerical training at home, which will assist you in doing the following: Transcription, medical billing, freelance writing and more.
Free Transcription Mini-Course
– If you're considering transcription, this course is offered free by an actual work at home transcriber.
Free Proofreading Workshop
– Ever considered working at home as a proofreader? Here's a free workshop to get you started.
Sometimes the training isn't free and what you really need is help paying for your education. With costs skyrocketing for a degree of any kind, even at public and community tech colleges, help with expenses can go a long way. Get free information on getting financial assistance with the training/classes you're wanting to take.
– Known for offering discounts (even free laptops), help finding grants and assistance for military families. Be sure to check them out if you have an interest in training at home for careers in medical billing and coding, transcription and pharmacy tech and more. All training and courses are done online.
It's very common to get training online these days. Learning from home is commonplace. Even the high schools are offering juniors and seniors access to community college and college courses that they can take while still in high school. These courses will be actual credits toward a degree.
Many colleges offer online training as well. Consider it a virtual classroom. When I have to take continuing ed for my real estate license every year – I can take 4 of those hours doing an online class! It's easy and I actually feel like I am more engaged than I would be in a stuffy classroom. If online classes from your computer sound like something that would work for you as well – I highly recommend it.
Clerical and Social Media Training
Most people that come to this page are looking specifically for some type of clerical training. But have you ever considered not just training for clerical, but also mixing in a bit of social media? Let me explain… social media has become a HUGE part of a company or business's profile. They use their social media to gather marketing info and to actual use for marketing and building their brand or following.
With the surge of social media and the importance it plays, many bloggers and businesses are hiring assistance to help with it all. Pinterest especially has become a big player. If you love Pinterest and the idea of clerical work, you might be interested in the course, How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant. The class is getting rave reviews from my readers that have taken it.