Grade Papers and Tests by Snagging One of These Online Test Scoring Jobs
This is an awesome way to make money from home. Though – I can say from personal experience, it's been seasonal for me and has never turned into anything permanent. That being said though, the pay is very good and the work is actually somewhat entertaining. Yes, essays can get pretty boring when students write basically the same thing over and over or the topic is just… snooze-ville, but I rather liked it and was grateful for the paycheck.
The company I worked for did require a degree, but it did not need to be in English or Language Arts. But not all online test scoring jobs will require that you have a degree. There are several companies below for you to check out and the pay can range from about $8 to over $15 an hour. It's just going to depend on the company and what type of scoring project you've been assigned to. (If you like the idea of being a test scorer, you might also like to check out this great list of online tutoring jobs. Flexible hours and typically great pay!)
I had an online test scoring job for two years in a row at around two month stretches each time. So around 8-9 weeks. I was paid $12 an hour and it was really nice. Everyone was helpful and like I said, the paycheck was nice to have. I was asked to come back a third year, but I couldn't due to my full time job just being too demanding and I didn't want to slack on my blog. So I passed. But this is nice work if you can get it. (If you're checking out online test scoring jobs because you don't like being on the phone – check out this HUGE list of work at home non-phone jobs!)
Companies That Hire Home Based Online Test Scorers
– The prefer those with an education background – but that's not required. Averages $12 hour + nice benefits.
Seasonal. Though permanent doesn't appear to be out of the question. Pay starts around $10-$11 per hour. USA
– This is one of the higher paying test scoring opps if you can get it. I've heard that pay can be up near $18 an hour or more. USA
– Another really good gig if you can get it. Pay hovers around $10 an hour. USA
– Seasonal, but pretty much the entire school year. They are not always hiring and you'll have to check Indeed or Careerbuilder for openings. They don't have an application page or info on their site.
Test Scoring Jobs That are Not Necessarily Work at Home – But Hiring
– Seasonal. Pays $14 an hour.
– K–12 assessment. Pays well. BA/BS in field related to content area being scored. Located in the St.Paul, MN area.
– Pay is $12 an hour. Seasonal work. Bachelor's degree. Indianapolis, IN area.
I'll be adding more as I come across them. If you know of any as well, please feel free to Contact Me. If you have experience working for one of the test scoring companies above- we'd love to have your comments below shared. Thanks in advance!
If you’re still looking for work at home, please be sure to check out the entire Work at Home Directory for more job ideas.