Last Updated on July 24, 2020 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
Online Moderator Jobs for Forums and Chat Rooms
I used to have a forum on this site. Before I moved it into a blog format, and even for a little while I had it up and running. It was a lot of work, and a lot of posts to moderate. I can see how even on a small scale like mine was that it would help to have someone either helping or doing the moderating.
Now, think about HUGE websites with 100's of posts every day. They certainly need help. That's where forum moderator jobs come in. You “sweep” message boards and make sure the guidelines for a particular forum are followed.
Though there aren't tons of moderator type jobs out there – they do exist, usually have flexible hours and pay “decently”.
As always, I try to keep the information on this page as current as possible, so please feel free to bookmark it so that you can come back often to see what is new. Also, please share this page with others that are looking for work at home and might enjoy this type of work.
Forum Moderator and Message Board Jobs
– Helping customers, especially during heavy activity. Their site states: “…user-generated content (UGC) moderators who are passionate about creating an engaging online experience.”
-Moderators cover a wide variety of projects that include message boards and social media.
– They aren't always hiring, but they do occasionally need moderators.
-Newer company that hired moderators for social media accounts. Reported pay is $10+ based on experience.
– Apply for community managers and moderators.
– Their site has openings for Community Managers and what they do: “What they do: “Moderate forums (protect communities against all nuisances and prejudicial attitudes while keeping them united and motivated). Interact with communities on different channels and networks. Recruit and manage volunteers within the community. Create and manage events. Create bonds between the service and its users.
– Virtual, part-time moderators protecting brands.
– Forum moderation on gaming message boards.
– This is one place that hires moderators on a continuous basis.
– Social media moderators.
– If interested in earning cash posting on forums, this resource page might be of interest.
– Limited to just the Austin, TX area — but worth a mention. They hire Moderation Specialists on occasion. Just check regularly on the job search page.
Do you currently work as a moderator? Do you know whose hiring forum moderators? Keep reading…
Though I am always looking for more information to post on this page, I'd love to hear from those of you that already do this type of work or know of other jobs offered like this. Please post the info below in the comments section. And if you have questions about working as a message board or forum moderator, feel free to ask below as well. With us working together we can build a better resource page. Thank you so much.
If you’re still looking for work at home, please be sure to check out the entire Work at Home Directory for more job ideas.