This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Is SuperPoints Legitimate? What's the Real Deal on Earning Cash?
Earning some extra money never hurt and in today’s economy, every little bit certainly helps. If you are looking for a new work-at-home opportunity that is easy and requires little effort on your part, you may want to consider SuperPoints.com.
What is SuperPoints.com?
*Another one bites the dust? Superpoints seems to be down or reorganizing. Will have to wait and see if they come back online.
You are probably like everyone who uses the Internet on a daily basis. If so, this might be the right opportunity for you as SuperPoints.com pays you for using the Internet. The company has been in existence since 2008 and has a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. You earn rewards from them just for reading e-mails, watching videos, filling out surveys, and trying different products, services and websites. One of the quickest ways to earn points is to click their SuperLucky button a few times per day. The amount of clicks you can do per day depends on the type of membership you have with them. The points you earn are equivalent to cash.
Right now, SuperPoints is only available to people living in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
How Does SuperPoints.com Work?
If this all sounds too good to be true, it really is a good opportunity to earn some extra cash for doing something you most likely do all day anyway—use the Internet. So how exactly does their system work? A website like SuperPoints.com (and many others) make a good deal of money by having various advertisements on their site and get paid in a variety of ways for doing this.
Some of the ways they make their money include getting paid for how many times an ad is viewed on their site, every time a visitor clicks on an ad, or when someone buys a product or service from an ad. So with so many people visiting their site each and every day, odds are that they are making a lot of money form the ads they are displaying. The money that they make gets shared with you via their rewards. In other words, they get paid and then you get paid.
What Do the Points Represent?
Similar opportunities do not turn the points into anything that is of much use. SuperPoints.com, however, turns their points into cash, gift cards or electronics. With only 500 points, you can redeem a cash payment or gift card, but that also depends on the membership level you have.
When Can You Expect to Get Your Money?
SuperPoints.com is like most other work-from-home opportunities in that there is a certain threshold that must be met before redeeming any of your points for cash, gift cards or other rewards. Again, this is also based on your membership level. However, everyone, regardless of their level, can expect a seven to ten-day period to get their reward after requesting it. Keep in mind that if you are requesting cash, you will need to have a PayPal account.
What are the Different Levels of Membership?
One thing you need to know is that becoming a member of SuperPoints is free no matter what level of membership you choose. The levels are based on effort rather than a payment. There are four different membership levels.
No Level: Yes, there is a level that is, well, not a level at all. People here basically sign up and create an account but without a confirmed e-mail address. The only thing you can really do here is click on the SuperLucky button five times a day which does not amount to much. The worst part is, you cannot redeem any of those points until you move up a level. Bottom line—this level gets you close to nothing.
Basic Level: On this level, you confirm your e-mail address, which is as easy as simply clicking on a link that is e-mailed to you. Just be sure to check your inbox, spam folders and junk folders to be sure you do not miss it. After you confirm your e-mail address, you will be required to fill out a basic profile. A basic membership permits thirty clicks per day on the SuperLucky button, which means more points. You will also be eligible for occasional surveys from SuperPoints.com where you can earn even more points. However, at this level, you will need a minimum of 2500 points before you can redeem them for any prizes. If you keep up with the thirty clicks per day and answer the surveys, you should have little trouble reaching this point amount.
Gold Level: This level requires all the things you did in the Basic Level but now you need to fill out an advanced profile. This provides SuperPoints.com more information about you. You will also need to upload a picture of yourself for your profile and invite two or more friends to move up from the basic level to a higher level like you. At this level, you get fifty clicks on the SuperLucky button. Not only that, but if one of your friends wins on the SuperLucky button, you win the same prize as well. So if they get an extra 300 points, so do you. When your friends take a survey from SuperPoints and earn points, you will earn the same amount of points as well. The minimum points for redeeming a prize are only 1000 at the gold level.
Platinum Level: This is the highest level of membership. It is similar to the Gold level but you need five or more friends to move up from the basic level as opposed to two or more. Here you will get one hundred clicks per day on the SuperLucky button which means you have a greater chance of winning extra points. You are also guaranteed to earn one point each day just for clicking on the button. When you lay it all out, that is thirty points a month just for clicking a button once a day.
It is all pretty simple and if you get friends and family to join, you will be at the higher levels with no problem whatsoever. They do not even have to actively participate. As long as they are at the higher levels getting you gold or platinum level status, you will be eligible to earn more points.
How Much Can You Really Make?
You can make some decent money with SuperPoints.com. However, keep in mind that the easier the task is, the less points you will earn. So a survey will earn you more than just clicking on a button. For example, you will earn more points through their “offers” section where you may be asked to download a game, become a Facebook fan of something, taking a poll or signing up for a service or product. These will get you more points since they require more effort on your part.
Points for clicking on the SuperLucky button or reading an e-mail are going to be on the low side. However, with that being said, there have been times where people have earned ten points for opening up an e-mail or earning three hundred points for clicking the SuperLucky button. Since you do not know what to expect, it is always worth a try.
Is There a Referral Program?
As with most of these types of opportunities, there is a referral/affiliate program. If your referral signs up and becomes a basic member, you will get twenty-five points. If you are a Gold or Platinum level member, you will also earn what your referrals earn when they click the SuperLucky button or take a survey. And, of course, having referrals will get you to a higher membership level, which means you can earn more points and the payout minimum is not as high.
Getting Started with SuperPoints.com
There are four simple steps for joining SuperPoints.com:
1. Go to their site to sign up (it is quick and free).
2. Complete the form with your contact information (be sure to use your actual information—nothing made up).
3. Be on the lookout for an e-mail from SuperPoints and then click on the confirmation link provided.
4. Sign in and click on the validation link that is located at the top of the page and then fill out your basic profile information.
To increase your point potential, you will want to also complete the advanced profile section (part of step four). The higher the percentage of completeness for your profile, the more you can earn.
No company is perfect and while there is a lot of good about SuperPoints.com, there are a few flaws in their system, including:
1. Don’t rely on it for a full-time income. By no means should you give up a full-time job to click ads or view videos. This is simply a way of earning extra money for whatever reason. If you are good at getting referrals, the more you will earn. But this is sometimes a lot trickier than it sounds. But if you succeed at it, you could earn some a decent amount of cash and rewards.
2. You need to have some patience. One of the biggest complaints is that redeeming your very first reward seems to take forever. For some, it can take a month’s time. For others, it was a week or two. This all depends on your membership level. You also have to be willing to do it each day. It requires some effort on your part and if you want to make money, you need to work somewhat for it.
3. They need to have more videos. You can earn points by watching videos, but unfortunately, there are not many offered. They say they do add videos each day so it is a matter of you periodically checking in with their site a few times a day.
4. Not enough information regarding levels. Many people stay at the basic level without ever moving up. This may be due to the fact that SuperPoints.com does not necessarily take the time to explain this process to its members. Their small validation link at the top of the member page is easily missed. Perhaps they need to send e-mails to their basic level members explaining how they can move up and earn more points.
5. Earnings up, but winning amounts are down. If you do get to the Platinum level, you may notice that your SuperLucky button winning amounts are lower than they were at the basic or gold levels. However, you also are earning more with your referrals and what they are earning. This may be how SuperPoints.com balances out things, but it is worth mentioning.
Is SuperPoints.com a Legitimate Opportunity?
SuperPoints.com is a legitimate work-at-home opportunity. They have a history of paying their members and have been around now for a few years—both very good signs. It is also an easy way to make some extra money. After all, if you are on the Internet surfing, why not do it for money, right?
SuperPoints is INVITATION ONLY – MoneyMakingMommy extends an invitation to you.