XACT Telesolutions: Make Money from Home While Helping Customers
XACT Telesolutions – Full Review
If you ever tried to call a customer service department or reach a representative at a company for one reason or another, you probably have experienced tremendous frustration trying to reach someone or get a simple question answered. But now there is an easy way to get someone on the phone to handle your questions and/or concerns. XACT Telesolutions is an American company, based out of Maine, who is well known and highly respected for coming up with call center solutions for many popular and well-known companies.
What is even better is that you can work for them right from the comfort of your home. The company hires many at-home workers to answer calls, handle inbound customer care and specialty support, and conduct outbound or lead sales. There are even leader and management positions available—all with an hourly rate that sometimes includes benefits. (See my post, Online Customer Service Jobs for a big list of more companies offering work from home.)
What will be required of you as an XACT Telesolutions agent?
There are basically two types of roles—working as an inbound customer care agent or in an outbound position. Inbound customer care agents receive calls that come into them while they are on duty. You assist these callers in the way that the client asks. The outbound positions are not as popular although some people find that this type of work is actually better suited for their talents.
In this position, you would be making calls in response to previous calls, order inquiries or any other reason that may exist. Some of the calls, like lead sales calls, will require a strong sales approach as you may have to pitch a product or service to the caller or generate further interest at best.
What will your hiring status be with XACT Telesolutions?
Agents are hired on an employee basis which means XACT Telesolutions will hold taxes like any other company. In the long run, this is better for you as you do not have to worry about owing anything come tax time.
What does the agent position pay and is the company hiring in my area?
While the pay is not great compared with most part-time jobs, this is not intended to be a full-time opportunity — just one of many ways to earn an extra income. Most of their jobs listed begin at $9 an hour and go up to $15 an hour. There are also some benefits included as well which might make it worth your while.
Some people with proven sales and phone experience have been able to negotiate a higher starting rate which may also be something to consider if you have this type of background.
Right now, XACT Telesolutions is only hiring people who live in Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Utah. If you do not live in any of these states, you can apply for a job if you want and they will let you know if or when something becomes available. As it currently stands, there is nothing available in Alabama, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Washington, West Virginia or Wyoming.
So what types of benefits does XACT Telesolutions offer?
It is rare to find a home-based job that offers both pay and benefits. In the case of XACT Telesolutions, they offer a great benefits package that includes vacation/paid time off, flexible scheduling, medical/dental insurance and supplemental products. However, there may be some requirements as to who is eligible for these benefits. There is a line on the bottom of their “Jobs” page that clearly states “benefits may not be available to all employees in all categories”.
What kind of equipment will I need to work for them as an agent?
There are some requirements that the company has in order for you to work for them. They include:
- Must speak fluent English and preferably Spanish.
- Be able to type 35 words per minute or greater;
- Have a high-speed DSL or cable connection, rated 2 MB down, 384k up (minimum), 5 MB down and 512k up (preferred)
- A dedicated home office space, which is free from distraction, and with a door that can be closed and locked. We may ask you to provide a picture of this space.
- A personal computer running Microsoft Vista, Windows 7 with 1 GB of RAM and 2.0 GHZ processor (minimum), 2GB of RAM and Dual Core Processor (recommended). Windows 8 may be used with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM and a dual-core processor, 4 GB is preferred.
- A 17″ flat panel monitor (minimum), 19″ or greater flat panel recommended.
- A webcam, for training and collaboration purposes.
- Wired networking connection (wireless is not permitted).
- Laptops are not eligible for the work-at-home agent program.
- You will be required to submit visual proof of your work-at-home environment by providing pictures of your workspace. Your workspace must be a dedicated working environment with a lockable door that is used exclusively by you.
- An approved-brand USB headset for VOIP.
- Hired agents will be responsible for purchasing a brand recommended USB headset (a list is available from recruitment), the approximate price is $40.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a chair.
Aside from all this, laptops are allowed but only with an external keyboard, a monitor that is less than seventeen inches and a mouse. You must also be able to sit in a chair for extended periods of time without any difficulty.
What kind of schedule can you expect to work?
Quite often, the position you apply for will dictate your hours. The job description for inbound agents says you can expect to work up to forty hours a week. What you need to know is that you have to be flexible with your own schedule as theirs takes priority over yours. If you do not have flexibility in your day-to-day or week-to-week schedule, than this opportunity might not work out for you. However, if you do have the time and can easily rearrange your schedule to work for them, you can go to their website and look at their current job openings.
The Bottom Line on XACT Telesolutions
XACT Telesolutions can provide you with a real work-from-home opportunity that offers more than just a salary. If you are able to score one of their positions that include benefits and you get a near forty-hour work week, you could make this more than just a passing opportunity. Although you will never be able to accumulate as much income as you would with a regular full-time job, you can certainly earn a lot more with this at-home job than with most others out there.
To see what openings they currently have, go here.