Last Updated on October 16, 2021 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
Working Solutions Review and Information
Working Solutions, a 20+ year-old company, is an at-home customer service provider. The people they employ (agents as they are called) are all skilled, motivated and educated. Their jobs include responding to e-mails, acting as the online chat representative to handle sales, service or technical issues and speaking directly via telephone to customers. All are home based jobs – which many are looking for.
There are also data entry and editing jobs as well. Working Solutions considers this work as “project” work. Sales and service projects would be dealing with retail sales, reservations, account issues or enrollments. Special agents are used to giving more technical help when it comes to things like electronics, computer software and website use.
Every project is different which means you may get specific training if you take on a project that is not familiar to you. This is good news as your work will consistently change so you never get bored. Working Solutions salaries will vary as to what project you're working on. And you'll be an independent contractor, not a working solutions employee.
Although some may consider being an independent contractor as a bad thing, remember, it will allow you to set your own hours and basically be your own boss. And lets not forget, there is NO commute!
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Survey Junkie - Surveys & Product testing. Open in the USA, Canada, & Australia.
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
Do I Have to Pay for Training with Working Solutions
As it stands now, there are no costs to apply for work or to go through their training. You will actually get paid by Working Solutions for your training time. However, there are a few things you need in order to be a Working Solutions agent.
According the Working Solutions FAQ page – these are things to keep in mind:
Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 with Bing, or Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, or Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
What if I have an Education or Enterprise edition of Windows?
Education and Enterprise editions are not licensed for individual use (these licenses would be owned by a larger organization), and are therefore not suitable for independent contractor use.
What if I am using an older version of Windows?
We do not support Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7.
What if I have a Mac?
We will support a user with an Intel-based Mac computer given they are running Boot Camp into Windows 8.1 or higher.
Most commonly, you’ll use Google Chrome, but some applications still use Internet Explorer 11, which is built into Windows 10.
Internet Explorer 11
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / i9 (1st Generation or Higher) running at 1.5 GHz or higher base processor speed
AMD A-Series APU (A4 / A6 / A8 / A9 / A10) running at 1.5 GHz or higher base processor speed
AMD Ryzen 3 / 5 / 7 / Threadripper running at 1.5 GHz or higher base processor speed
The latest AMD Athlon processors are acceptable subject to individual review and are accepted at Working Solutions’ discretion
Processor Classes explicitly not supported:
Intel: Celeron, Pentium, Core, Core 2, Atom, Xeon
AMD: Duron, Sempron, Turion, Phenom, E-Series APU, Athlon (old release)
Random Access Memory (RAM):
8 GB RAM or higher
Mouse and keyboard (Preferred – Wired)
USB Headset (no wireless headsets)*
*The USB headset must connect to audio over the USB connection. Bluetooth headsets which can charge over a USB connection do not send audio through their charging connection, and therefore are not suitable.
How to Become a Working Solutions at Home Agent?
Unlike other work-at-home opportunities, becoming an agent with Working Solutions is not as easy as simply giving them your e-mail and information. These types of businesses are very popular so they get a lot of people inquiring about work. That being said though, I encourage stay at home parents, military spouses and seniors to check out these opportunities.
They offer a lot of flexibility and that means better work life balance. So, dust off or polish up your resume if interested.
The application process comes in several steps.
The basic steps are:
- Fill out a short form. *5 minutes
- Take assessments. *30 minutes
- Access our applicant portal. Within 24 hours, if you passed your assessment, this email will include an invitation to view current opportunities and complete your application. Login using the credentials in the email and provide a few more quick details (most will be pre-filled). *3 minutes
- Download, install and run a non-invasive scanner to verify your work-station meets our requirements. *3 minutes
- Apply for programs you feel suit you best based on your experience, availability, and interest.
* If no programs interest you, check back often as our offerings change frequently.
After you are accepted, you now must wait until a project comes around that matches your skills. Because you are new, you will have to wait for the more seasoned and long-term agents to get their projects before you can get yours. Sometimes this can take months before you land your first project. Because it may take a while to get that first project, make sure you keep your profile current. If any of your information changed while you were waiting, be sure to update it right away.
Can I Switch My Working Solutions Project?
When a project finally does come around that is a good match for your skills, you will be sent a Project Notification e-mail. In this e-mail are the project specifications. If you accept the terms of the project, an agreement is written up which includes the legalities of your role as an independent contractor for Working Solutions. Once all the details are straightened out, you will get your virtual training and you will receive payment for this training.
How Much Do Working Solution Agents Make?
Every project is different in terms of pay at Working Solutions. Many things affect what the payment will be like how much the company using Working Solutions agents is paying them. Some companies pay by entry or record. Some pay by “talking minutes”, sales or both. And some simply pay a flat fee for the project itself. Working Solutions claims their agents can make from $9 an hour all the way to $30 an hour. Of course, those making a high amount may be because they simply get a lot of work and work many hours. So, keep in mind the schedule and hr rate in mind when you figure potential earnings.
One important note—Working Solutions does not advise quitting your full-time job to become an agent. This is just supplemental income and will not be enough to replace full-time work.
How Working Solutions Pay You?
Working Solutions makes payment every other week through direct deposit. However, you can request a regular check by mail. Be sure to keep your invoices updated since payment will only be given if it says “work completed.”
One way to earn more money is to work on more than one project at a time. Of course, it depends on the projects. For example, if you are responding to e-mails, you can do that while waiting for customer service calls on a different project. Obviously, the ability to multitask is very important here.
Like any company, all this good news comes with some bad news – and Working Solutions does have a downside.
List of Working Solutions Job Cons
1. The waiting game is not for everybody. If you are looking for immediate work, Working Solutions is not going to give you that. The long waiting time between having your application accepted and when you actually get work can be frustrating. So if you are in need of quick cash, this is not going to work for you. (And, most positions are customer support positions, so if you hate phones, this might not be the one for you.)
2. Because you are working as an independent contractor, it is your responsibility to keep your own records for tax purposes. For some people, this can be daunting and a big turn off as well. If you can afford someone to do this for you, that is great, but most do not want to spend what they make on someone to keep their bookkeeping accurate.
3. If your home computer system is a Mac, you may not like the fact that you need Windows and Vista to do this job. Some Mac users know hot to use special software that allows them to have these programs on their computer, but if you are not one of these people, this could become a bit of a drawback.
4. Even though you need a good set of headphones for the phone-related jobs, this is not full proof. You also need a very quiet spot in your home dedicated to doing these projects. So for people with young children, pets or a cleaning lady who likes to vacuum a lot, this job may be a lot more challenging than anticipated.
5. Some of these projects are more time consuming than others. You may spend a tremendous amount of that time waiting for customers to call. This eats up valuable hours in your day and you will only get paid for the time you spend with an actual customer—not the time you are “on call”, so to speak, waiting for someone to call you.
Working Solutions is a legitimate company that has proven to be reliable, so much so that it is highly recommended by many in the media and from other sites. But you need the patience to wait and see if your application gets accepted and then to finally start on their projects. Once you do start, however, projects will be easier to get and you will be able to earn more money doing them. Get started by going to their work at home page here.
Back to Customer Service Jobs