Working Solutions Review and Information
Working Solutions, a fifteen-year old company, is an at-home customer service provider. The people they employ (agents as they are called) are all skilled, motivated and educated. Their jobs include responding to e-mails, acting as the online chat representative to handle sales, service or technical issues and speaking directly via telephone to customers. All are home based jobs – which many are looking for.
There are also data entry and editing jobs as well. Working Solutions considers this work as “project” work. Sales and service projects would be dealing with retail sales, reservations, account issues or enrollments. Special agents are used to give more technical help when it comes to things like electronics, computer software and website use.
Every project is different which means you may get specific training if you take on a project that is not familiar to you. This is good news as your work will consistently change so you never get bored.
Will you have to pay any money up front?
As it stands now, there are no costs to apply for work or to go through their training. You will actually get paid by Working Solutions for your training time. However, there are a few things you need in order to be a Working Solutions agent. Your computer needs to be up to date and that includes having Vista or Windows 7 on it as well as Internet Explorer 8.
You also need to have a high speed Internet connection, a working landline and a really good set of headphones so customers on the other end do not hear any of the background noise that may exist in your house. If you have all of this stuff, you are good to go. If not, this is the only cost that you will incur in order to become an agent for Working Solutions.
How do you become a Working Solutions agent?
Unlike other work-at-home opportunities, becoming an agent with Working Solutions is not as easy as simply giving them your e-mail and information. These types of businesses are very popular so they get a lot of people inquiring about work.
The application process comes in two steps. When Part 1 is completed, there are instructions on how to complete Part 2 which can be done at your discretion. Once both parts are complete, your application goes into their database (along with hundreds of others) and it will eventually get screened. Keep in mind this could take months. If you passed the testing phase and you meet their requirements, an e-mail will be sent to you.
However, if you fail the test, you can forget working for them as this is a one shot deal with no chance to retake the test and reapply for work down the road. The tests usually involve your at-home set up and computer experience. Some tests want to see your level and understanding of writing and grammar.
After you are accepted, you now must wait until a project comes around that matches your skills. Because you are new, you will have to wait for the more seasoned and long-term agents to get their projects before you can get yours. Sometimes this can take months before you land your first project. Because it may take a while to get that first project, make sure you keep your profile current. If any of your information changed while you were waiting, be sure to update it right away.
What happens after I am chosen for a project?
When a project finally does come around that is a good match for your skills, you will be sent a Project Notification e-mail. In this e-mail are the project specifications. If you accept the terms of the project, an agreement is written up which includes the legalities of your role as an independent contractor for Working Solutions. Once all the details are straightened out, you will get your virtual training and you will receive payment for this training.
How much will you make as an agent for Working Solutions?
Every project is different in terms of pay at Working Solutions. Many things affect what the payment will be like how much the company using Working Solutions agents is paying them. Some companies pay by entry or record. Some pay by “talking minutes”, sales or both. Some simply pay a flat fee for the project itself. Working Solutions claims their agents can make from $7.50 an hour all the way to $30 an hour. Of course, those making a high amount may be because they simply get a lot of work and work many hours.
One important note—Working Solutions does not advise quitting your full-time job to become an agent. This is just supplemental income and will not be enough to replace full-time work.
How does payment work?
Working Solutions makes payment every other week through direct deposit. However, you can request a regular check by mail. Be sure to keep your invoices updated since payment will only be given if it says “work completed.”
One way to earn more money is to work on more than one project at a time. Of course, it depends on the projects. For example, if you are responding to e-mails, you can do that while waiting for customer service calls on a different project. Obviously, the ability to multitask is very important here.
Like any company all this good news comes with some bad news – and Working Solutions does have a down side.
Working Solutions Cons
1. The waiting game is not for everybody. If you are looking for immediate work, Working Solutions is not going to give you that. The long waiting time between having your application accepted and when you actually get work can be frustrating. So if you are in need of quick cash, this is not going to work for you.
2. Because you are working as an independent contractor, it is your responsibility to keep your own records for tax purposes. For some people, this can be daunting and a big turn off as well. If you can afford someone to do this for you, that is great, but most do not want to spend what they make on someone to keep their bookkeeping accurate.
3. If your home computer system is a Mac, you may not like the fact that you need Windows and Vista to do this job. Some Mac users know hot to use special software that allows them to have these programs on their computer, but if you are not one of these people, this could become a bit of a drawback.
4. Even though you need a good set of headphones for the phone-related jobs, this is not full proof. You also need a very quiet spot in your home dedicated to doing these projects. So for people with young children, pets or a cleaning lady who likes to vacuum a lot, this job may be a lot more challenging than anticipated.
5. Some of these projects are more time consuming than others. You may spend a tremendous amount of that time waiting for customers to call. This eats up valuable hours in your day and you will only get paid for the time you spend with an actual customer—not the time you are “on call”, so to speak, waiting for someone to call you.
Working Solutions is a legitimate company that has proven to be reliable—so much so that it is highly recommended by many in the media and from other sites. But you need the patience to wait and see if your application gets accepted and then to finally start on their projects. Once you do start, however, projects will be easier to get and you will be able to earn more money doing them.
Back to Work at Home Company Reviews