Mystery Shopping and Other Shopping Type Jobs for Cash
Mystery shopping has been around for ages. And yes, you can make money doing it. You just have to choose legitimate companies, perform your shop duties correctly and fill out and submit all required paperwork. There are even apps you can use to mystery shop right from your smartphone!
I've heard good and bad from those that have tackled mystery shopping. Some absolutely love it and can't think of earning extra cash any other way. And they are very good at it too. Racking up $100's a month. Others feel it's not worth their time and give it up quickly. I think it all depends on how dedicated you are and how organized you can be. I also think it's a time commitment if you want to really make money. It's not a thing where you go out one day for an hour and make $100 and get free stuff. Though I have heard that there are test driving car shops that DO pay $100 or more.
There are sites like Paid Shopping Providers that sell memberships to their “list” of mystery shopping companies. I don't recommend paying for a list — but if you want it to be as simple as possible, I suppose that option is out there.
There are also guides available to those that want that extra help or insight. I've not read any of these guides myself – but they could be helpful as well if you want strategic guidance. There is a great thread on Reddit is you want to check it out. These are people that have actually done mystery shopping and sharing their experience and advice.
Below are companies that offer mystery shopping.
Listing of Mystery Shopping Companies
– Phone app mystery shop. Earn points for shops and referrals. Points can be redeemed for gift cards like Amazon, Starbucks and Target. I use this app all the time. If you use my referral code, you'll earn an extra 300 extra points after your first mission is approved. Invite code: M4JR
– The hire survey admins. They call or visit stores to survey customer service interaction. Super flexible and prompt payments.
– You're basically making “renter” mystery shop calls. Surveyors (shoppers) are paid $6.00hr and a piece rate of $.50 for surveys marked Done, $.30 for surveys marked Wrong Number, $.20 for surveys marked Part-Done, and $.07 per survey marked Answering Machine or No Answer.
– Offers mystery shopper jobs that can be done from home over the phone.
– Newer mystery shop company that offers work at home doing “phone shops”. No need to leave the house and do shops outside the home.
– New, fun way to start mystery shopping. Includes app on your smartphone to make it easier.
– Mystery shopping and merchandising opportunities.
-Hospitality and healthcare mystery shops.
– All kinds of shops available, including grocery stores and restaurants.
– If you prefer staying home, they do a lot of phone opps for mystery shoppers.
– Lots of grocery store shops and other retail stores.
– Variety of industries, including retail stores, apartment communities, new homes and auto dealerships
– Love to eat? They offer food shops. Available only in: AL, AZ, FL, GA, LA, MS, OK, TN, TX
– Mainly retail mystery shops.
Corporate Research International
– They mainly focus on banks, convenience stores and other retail stores for their mystery shops.
– They are worldwide, so opps to mystery shop for everyone. Hotels and fine dining.
– This is mostly bank institutions.
– Their site lists the following shops: Restaurants, Hospitality, Retail, Grocery and Financial.
– Founded in 1983, US and Canada shops. Must have good writing skills and be observant.
– They require a pre-test and verification. Their shops involve airport concession, restaurants, retail, financial service and recreation/destination.
– They recruit nationwide and post mystery shopper jobs each month.
– These shops are for apartments.
– Mainly retail shops.
– Site doesn't give much info – but have heard they pay well.
– Restaurants and retail shops.
– They work with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike.
– Need to be 18 years old and they pay via PayPal.
– Huge mystery shopping company, mainly grocery type shops. But they offer theater/movie and banking type shops too.
– Financial mystery shops — think banking.
– Cover a variety of shops that can include healthcare and test driving cars.
– Lots of types of retail shopping jobs can cover nail salons, fast food and more.
– Looks like they cover all kinds of retail, including electronics, diners and more.
– This is a great one for those that like doing food shops, and not just fast food.
– Typical mystery shops in the hospitality business.
– Financial shops.
– All kinds of retail.
– Restaurants and retail.
– Retail and some different shops like amusement parks.
– Typical retail shops.
Are you a mystery shopper or been one in the past? Keep reading…
Mystery shopping is more popular now than ever and I get so many requests for legitimate mystery shopping info. If you would be so kind to share you experience as a mystery shopper or let me know about mystery shopping companies that aren't listed here, it would be appreciated. You can share in the comment section below. Thank you in advance.