Last Updated on October 25, 2020 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I’ve researched and/or used and trust.
Is GMR Transcription Legit?
When you first visit the homepage for GMR Transcription’s website they seem like they’re going to be a great source of income. The website promises that as long as you can quickly and accurately translate medical files, you can be assured of a great deal of steady work. (I have a big list you might want to look over of more transcription companies that offer work at home.)
Pros of Transcription Work with GMR
The first thing I really like about GMR Transcription is that in addition to having a great deal of work available, they are also willing to accept people who don’t have a great deal of transcription experience. Once you have passed the company’s qualification tests, you will find a lot of steady work.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
There website states:
1. Continuous Growth and Learning
– Basically they will offer feedback to help you improve. This in turn will help you in the long run with gaining more clients and work.
2. No Fees or Experience Needed
– Yep, they state that you DO NOT need to be an experienced transcriptionist to work at GMR. You will need to have the following:
- MS Office
- A Foot Pedal
- Ear headphones.
- Computer with high speed internet
3. Work From Home with Flexibility
– They allow you to work at your own pace. You work when you want to — so, it’s up to you to decide if you want to dig in and work full time hours for maxiumum earnings, or take it slow and work just part time or when you can.
Drawbacks to Working for GMR
If you don’t have a background in the field of medicine, you’re going to have a difficult time doing transcription work for GMR. Most of the files that the company deals with involve a great deal of medical terms, all of which need to be translated accurately. Understanding the terms makes it easier to translate the information accurately. If you have a background in medical terminology, this issue isn’t a big deal but for the average freelancer, it could pose some problems.
A Few More Things to Consider
If you’re fluent in Spanish, you can rest assured that you’ll quickly become one of GMR’s favorite transcribers. The company is actively seeking out transcribers who are capable of rapidly and accurately translating files to and from Spanish.
I’ll admit that when I first applied to GMR, I was skeptical. I had heard a great deal of negativity about the company. The problem comes from the fact that GMR has a transcription course that they would like everyone to take. Since I scored well on my qualification tests, I was able to avoid the course. While I don’t care for how heavily the company pushes you to buy their course, it does make sense if you think about it. I’m guessing they constantly have to field applications from people who aren’t qualified to do the transcription work. This helps them weed out those that are under qualified.
I don’t do a great deal of work for GMR Transcription, I have other clients that pay better, but I do like knowing that I can do some transcription work for the company during times when things are slow. If you want to diversify your income, it’s definitely a job you might want to look at as an option. You can start the application process or learn more by going to their careers page here.
Final Thoughts on GMR Transcription
If you’re unsure whether transcription is the right career path for you or you’re just curious, I encourage you to check out this FREE 7 Day Mini-Course by Transcribe Anywhere. There is absolutely no obligation, and it might just be what you need in order to make a more informed decision.