This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Freelance Work From Home Websites, Ideas and Job Opportunities
I’ve hired freelancers and I have worked as a freelancer. I’ve seen this from both sides and I can tell you there are a lot of people needing to hire freelancers and there is a lot of work and money to be made by those freelancing.
But where do you start? How do you begin to get client and build a portfolio? You can start by using the sites below. Create your profile, list your skills and bid on jobs. Eventually you will pick up work (though it might start slow and small). Treat every job with the utmost care and build your feedback rating. This is how you create a steady flow of work and command higher rates/pay.
Be sure to bookmark this page, so that you can come back and see the new freelance site when I post them. Also, please share this site with those you know that are looking for freelance work.
– Just a good solid freelance site. Lots of projects that include things like tutoring and data entry.
– One of the oldest freelance sites around. Payment is mediated to help prevent being scammed by either party.
– There is a monthly fee for this site – but it’s nominal and there is a lot of work to bid on.
– Works basically just like eLance.
– Very popular website for freelancers from all countries. There is a lot of competition – but if you’re skilled and get great feedback, you’ll do well. I’ve personally met 6-7 people that work full time through Freelancer.
– This site is one of my personal favorites. Pay system in place to help prevent scamming and their site is simple enough for a beginner to jump in.
Do you currently work as a freelancer? Know of other great freelance websites? Keep reading…
Share you freelance knowledge with other readers or ask questions below in the comment section. The best way to build a great freelancer resource is to allow others to share their experience or get answers to what they want to know. That’s the goal of this page. To offer help and resources and to share knowledge. I appreciate you so much.
If you’re still looking for work at home, please be sure to check out the entire Work at Home Directory for more job ideas.