Last Updated on November 16, 2020 by Kelly L. This post may contain affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend sites I've researched and/or used and trust.
Connect with Folks Wanting to Learn English and Earn!
Teach English online, no degree needed! You'll be teaching those eager to learn it! Enthusiastic students that want help – and YOU can be that help. So, I haven't signed up yet. But I'm going to. I wanted to get my article written and share this with you first. Once I sign up and try it out, I'll update this post. But here's the jest of it. MANY people want to learn English. Of course, they do! It's a lovely language! To that end, there are many online tutoring services out there. Some you have to have a teaching degree and teach an entire class, some are one on one, some you don't need a degree…. and so on. So here comes Tutlo. It's an app. People sign up to teach and to learn. And not just English either. But I'm focusing on the teaching English aspect because most of my readers are in the USA and speak native English. And I know many of you have mentioned that you'd really love the opportunity to teach English, especially as an online job. (See my list of online tutoring jobs for more ways to earn as a tutor or teacher from home.)
About Tutlo and Teaching Online
Like I mentioned, Tutlo is an app. Basically, it allows your smartphone to be the connection between you and a student. You will still teach English online, it's just from your phone. So here are some details:
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Survey Junkie - Surveys & Product testing. Open in the USA, Canada, & Australia.
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
1. Sessions are 15-20 minutes.
2. If you don't have a teaching degree, it's OK! You DON'T need to know two languages.
3. Never taught before? Tutlo offers help with classes by providing instructions that are user-friendly.
4. Payment is $11 per hour of CLASS TIME.
5. Payment is made via PayPal (so you'll need a PayPal account.)
How Do I Get Started? Do I Apply?
There isn't an application process per se. It's not like you're submitting a resume or anything like that. But, you do need to make a video. This makes sense because you're going to be on camera when you're teaching someone. It's not a long video. They ask for 3 minutes. If you're camera shy — this might not be for you. But if you like chatting with others, are engaging — you can really earn some cash! And if you love it enough — it could be a nice supplemental income. They typically get back to you in 2-3 days. Of course, it's all about supply and demand. So depending on how many need a class when you're available will play a part. As well as, how many other teachers are on. I would think there would be at least a little competition between teachers if there are many online at once.
Teach English on my Phone? This Seems a Little Weird?
Yeah — I get that it's kinda weird. You create a video and some random person dials you up and wants to learn English. Feels almost “dating service” like. But honestly, I think it's legit. But I get a lot of requests from you guys interested in ways to teach online with no degree required. Tutlo is just a very easy way for someone to learn English in a conversational way that's really crazy convenient because it's done via smartphone. I'm going to create my 3-minute video and go from there. I have nothing to lose — I mean, 3 minutes? Gosh… I can talk to a rock for 3 minutes! I talked for a living when I was in radio for years! My goal would be to teach at least three, 20 minutes sessions a day M-F so that I could at least snag $11 a day ($55 a week, which gives me an extra $220 a month!) With that extra $220 a month – I could seriously think about purchasing a used car for my 15 year old that will be driving on her own full time in a year.
So this is certainly a little egg to think about if it suits your personality and lifestyle. If you want to make money teaching English online, here's a chance to do so! To sign up, or get more info, use this link.
Want to Use Your Smartphone to Make Even More Cash?
– Allows users to earn rewards on their daily purchases seamlessly, completely eliminating the need to carry physical loyalty cards. Available for iOS and Android. Read my post, How to Earn Free Gift Cards [This App Makes it Easy!] about Drop App.
– Long-standing and reputable. They will pay you $5 a month for installing their app on your phone. Earn even more installing it on your other devices too! (US residents only.)