Location: Remote - WFH
Status: W2, Employee
eCatalyst Healthcare Solutions is a full-service HIM company headquartered in Phoenix, AZ. We partner with our clients to provide coding, auditing, CDI, denials management, staffing, consulting, and revenue cycle services. We solve the issues of our clients and partners by providing professional services and leading best practices.
We are in an exciting growth phase and are looking for qualified HIM professionals to join our team. Here's more information about the Inpatient Medical Coder (Remote) opportunity.
The Inpatient Medical Coder (Remote) will review documentation to determine principal and secondary ICD-10 diagnoses codes, principal and secondary ICD-10 procedure codes for all visits.
The Inpatient Medical Coder (Remote) will apply all departmental coding quality guidelines and meet productivity standards, while maintaining a 95% or better overall accuracy rate. Independent decision-making and effective communication are vital to this role.
Our ideal candidate will maintain up-to-date working knowledge of coding guidelines in order to act as a resource and point person for issues and question for coders, customers or project teams.
Inpatient Medical Coder (Remote) Essential Functions
· Reviews physician documentation for coding appropriateness and accuracy in accordance with AMA coding guidelines.
· Utilizes an electronic medical record (EMR) and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software or an encoder, depending on the client.
· Complies with eCatalyst Healthcare’s coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with client’s financial services, medical staff, and other departments.
· Reviews and analyzes medical records to complete accurate code selection.
· Maintains query communication with providers to ensure timely notification of identified documentation issues that may impact revenue or compliance.
· Assists with the interpretation of codes and other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement. POSITION REQUIREMENTS Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of thee (3) years of coding experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Educated in HIPAA regulations; must maintain strict confidentiality of patient and client information.
- Keen attention to detail to maintain 95% corporate quality standards.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
The candidate must have at least one of the following professional certifications:
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician)
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
- RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator)
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.