The Krazy Coupon Lady started in 2009 when two sleep-deprived stay at home moms started blogging about saving money with coupons. Soon, the company grew to become the largest couponing site in the country, serving millions of smart shoppers and hundreds of valuable brand partners.
KCL is seeking a Content Marketing Coordinator to ensure we grow the reach of our content every single day. This is a remote contract position providing coverage in the evenings and on the weekends.
If you’ve ever sat in a studio audience during the filming of a talk show, you’ve seen the person whose job it is to fan the flames of excitement from the audience. They’re like the orchestra conductor but instead of a symphony, they’re fanning cheers, reactions and claps at key moments in the show. This Content Marketing Coordinator role at KCL is kinda like that, but instead of cheers, we’re driving clicks to and shares of our content, to achieve this, you'll be analyzing the previous days’ data.
If you love to be in a high-energy, hustle-hard work environment where fighting every day for bigger “claps” is your goal, this may be the job for you. If you thrive in environments with fluidity and you’ve got lots of fight to win, we want to talk.
The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for:
- Participating in stand-ups where you’ll take note of action items and collaborate with a team of company leaders.
- Analyzing performance data multiple times per day so every promotion choice is vetted and optimized.
- Using YOY traffic to set attainable traffic growth goals on a daily and weekly level.
- Training across every publishing platform so you can participate in the creation of social, email and app promotion tactics whenever needed.
- Under the direction of the company email team, executing the curation of the daily email newsletter.
- Being a team player who is adaptable to a fast-moving and sometimes unpredictable task list.
- Organizing chaos. Often times, a morning standup consists of 12 pieces of content we must strategize around based on the performance from the day prior, and 18 new pieces of content brainstormed by the team that morning. And it all comes up very quickly.
- Learning about KCL content. In order to market most effectively, you’ll learn how our teams write, spend time inside our content, learn how to check links, test promo codes and look for missed opportunities.
- Confidence and humility. Confident enough to participate and occasionally run meetings and make decisions. Humble enough to know your own weak spots, to seek to understand and to bring a collaborative spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You will take jumbles of ideas and weave them into an agenda or action item list with headings, subheadings, tasks, and due dates on a daily basis.
- 3+ years’ experience marketing at a media company or digital publication
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, digital environment
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, WordPress, Google Trends, SEMrush.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong adaptability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High levels of integrity and initiative and a passion for saving money
We’ve built a unique company culture that combines sarcasm and shenanigans with high productivity and innovation. Our headquarters sit on the greenbelt adjacent to the beautiful Boise River, and yes, our team would love to go on a long walk with you.
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who can work in a scrappy, fast paced environment, where egos and org charts are not allowed. If you’ve got brains plus drive and you can admit three work tasks you’re genuinely bad at, you have the self-awareness we’re looking for. At KCL, we never expect perfection, only humility and transparency.
If you like autonomy and a challenge, we think you’ll love it here.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.