JOB DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The Solutions Specialist provides consultation to enable Service Delivery Partners and internal Motorola Solutions employees to increase their technical knowledge and capability to design, deploy, optimize, and maintain MSI systems and solutions. This includes the development and delivery of technical enablement workshops on new products, tools and technologies, as well as, the creation of technical design, deployment best practices and lessons learned documentation.
This is a remote position and is open to candidates in all US cities.
The Solutions Specialist assists with the vetting process of technically identifying, qualifying and enabling Services and Alliance Partners to deliver services and solutions on Motorola’s behalf. This position also establishes the certification criteria from the industry and/or manufacturer to support Motorola’s services, and solutions. This person will work with Product Groups and Business Teams to develop internal and external service delivery tools.
• Excellent understanding of RF receive and transmit systems (TTAs, multicouplers, combiners)
• Excellent understanding of wireless broadband technology
• Understanding of antenna theory and propagation
• Understanding of Astro and MOTOTRBO radio systems
• Understanding of IP video management, storage and camera systems
• Understanding of 911 and NG911 systems
• Understanding of IP technologies to include layer 2 and 3 design and troubleshooting
• Ability to explain complex concepts to non -technical individuals and the ability to present to large and small groups of individuals
• Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities, environments and cultures
• Understanding of Motorola technology and solutions
• Self-motivated, resourceful and able to multitask and work independently
• Ability to successfully lead and motivate diverse product solution teams and product manufacturers across geographic boundaries, also requires strong relationship building skills
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and execute on multiple needed priorities to develop and drive the business
• Detail oriented, organized, and possess strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Must have high energy and willingness to speak up and share opinions and ideas
• Learning agility, capability to quickly grasp high level technical concepts
• Ability to prioritize, and independently manage time while dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks with separate deadlines
• Must be able to travel 50% of the time
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
• At least three to five years of demonstrated experience working in large and complex projects as well as systems experience
• Knowledge and experience with data communications systems, RF communications systems, Electronics, Servers, Operating Systems, Information Technology, LAN/WAN, wireless backhaul, Wireless Point to Point (PTP) Systems, Wireless Point to Multipoint (PMP) Systems, Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
• Industry and\\or vendor certifications in the different technologies (WLAN, Servers, Operating Systems, etc.) listed previously
• 3+ years of wireless IP systems experience
• Previous experience with Motorola Solutions specific technology preferred.
Find out more...