The Support Coordinator is responsible for assisting the care/case managers with non-clinical activities such as creating cases and events; providing telephonic outreach to members, providers and community-based organizations; handling member mailings; faxing clinical requests and Individual Health Care Plans on behalf of the care/case managers. The Support Coordinator is assigned to a specific clinical team (such as Care Management, Utilization Management, Behavioral Health, etc.) and may have additional departmental responsibilities.
- Handles calls to and from members to assist with benefit questions/issues, schedule appointments, and screen assessments to identify risk factors which need closer intervention.
- Handles calls to and from providers regarding authorizations, referrals, visits, tests, and faxed care plans.
- Documents accurate member information in compliance with our internal procedures.
- Manages an average caseload of 200 cases.
- Timely communicates member issues or needs and monitors screening of members effectively to improve quality and cost outcomes.
- Escalates calls as necessary
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Language preferences - Spanish, Russian, French, Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese.
- Experience in managed care or other area of the healthcare industry working in a Call Center environment or Care/Case Management Department.
- Demonstrated ability to document calls into a computer system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.