JOB DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS
U.S. TRANSCRIPTIONISTS/VR EDITORS ONLY - NO OFFSHORE
Current openings include both part-time and full time independent contractor positions.
FULL TIME SHIFT REQUIREMENTS
Tuesday - Saturday - Shift increments (chosen by MT) would include 8 hours between 2 p.m. - 7 a.m. CST.
Sunday - Thursday - Shift increments (chosen by MT) would include 8 hours between 2 p.m. - 7 a.m. CST.
PART TIME POSITIONS (at least 20 hours over the course of the three day shift)
Friday - Sunday 7 hours each day (late afternoon/evenings)
Saturday - Monday 7 hours each day (late afternoon/evenings)
* Applicants must possess strong research skills and the ability to understand diverse accents, dialects, and varying dictation styles in order to consistently provide a high-quality finished product to the client.
* Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required: Graduation from a qualified medical transcription course required OR minimum 2 years medical transcription experience.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values; knowledge of specialty (or specialties) as appropriate.
* Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices
* Excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, style, and editing.
* Ability to use designated professional reference materials.
* Ability to apply client preferences as related in account protocols.
* Proficiency with word processing software such as Microsoft Word as well as general computer skills.
* Ability to work under pressure with time constraints; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to concentrate.
* Excellent listening skills.
* Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
* Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g., confidentiality).
Pay rate 7 cpl for 65-character line with spaces for straight typing, 4 cpl for 65-character line with spaces for voice recognition.
Job Type: Contract
Transcription / Editing: 1 year
Find out more...