Good learners. Strong supporters. Accurate reviewers. Our medical coders are an important part of the medical record team. Ensuring diagnoses and procedures are accurately recorded is a big part of the job. The other part? Being able to follow state and federal compliance regulations. It’s no small task. Think you’re up for the job?
Are you timely and accurate? Are you detail-oriented? Do you love knowing that you’re an integral part of the team? We’ve got a great place to put your skills to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Accurately review and code patient records in the following clinical areas: Acute - Outpatient, Acute - All Inpatient Service Lines, and Ambulatory Level 2 Specialty Services, as reflected in the Franciscan Coding Tier Matrix.
- Meet defined coding accuracy and production standards and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, reimbursement schemes, and payer specific guidelines.
- Review and analyze the content of medical records to appropriately assign ICD diagnosis procedure codes, CPT procedure codes, and modifiers to meet coding guidelines
- Notify coding leadership of trends and topics for education and feedback to physicians and departments.
- Identify and entes data elements for abstracting.
- Participate actively in performance improvement teams, projects, and committees.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- CCS, CPC, CCS-P, CCA with Coding experience, if not RHIT or RHIA Certified.
- Knowledge of types of health information and the rules and regulations surrounding their use.
- Advanced understanding of coding grouping methodologies.
- Understanding of payer relationships, requirements and compliant billing practices and understanding of common medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology, generic and trade names, and ICD coding and terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Concentrate for long periods.
- Follow directions as communicated in a variety of ways.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critically evaluate and analyze information in written materials.
- Process Improvement.
- Accept personal accountability for deliverables and actions.
- Effective communicator in multiple forms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Certification(s): Certified Coding Specialist; Certified Professional Coder; Registered Health Information Administration; Registered Health Information Tech
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.