Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in a transactional law practice. We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in transactional law, including drafting agreements relating to commercial real estate transactions and/or small business acquisitions and handling closings for commercial real estate transactions. If you have recent (within the last six months) experience supporting a diverse array of transactional practices and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal with at least three years of experience specifically in transactional work. You must have experience with drafting and reviewing contracts, preparing agreements relating to the sale and lease of commercial real estate, drafting corporate and stock/asset purchase agreements, and forming and maintaining business entities. Additional experience with real estate transactions, handling mergers and acquisitions, handling securities and Blue Sky filings, and/or IP licenses would be a definite plus. The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word, Outlook, Google Docs, and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software, such as Clio or PC Law.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Pacific or Eastern Time Zone) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in a transactional practice
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with engagement letters, client invoicing, correspondence, document review and preparation
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts, preparing agreements relating to the sale and lease of commercial real estate, drafting corporate and stock/asset purchase agreements, and forming and maintaining business entities
- Experience handling closings for commercial real estate transactions
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (either Eastern or Pacific Time Zone availability is required)
- Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
These qualifications would be a plus:
- Experience with IP licenses
- Experience handling mergers and acquisitions
- Experience handling securities and Blue Sky filings
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.