Gate 1 Ltd
$15 – $19 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Job Description
*TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST LIVE IN FLORIDA
APPLY NOW! TRAINING CLASS STARTS AUGUST 16 2020
Are you super friendly and enjoy achieving customer satisfaction every time? Join Gate 1 Travel’s Reservations Service team! Gate 1 Travel, one of the leading travel organizations specializing in international vacation packages, is looking for experienced, enthusiastic, charismatic, and upbeat individuals who have a proven track record of achieving high customer satisfaction.
The Reservations Service Agent provides friendly, professional, and detailed support to customers already booked on vacations and to travel agents. Using excellent customer service skills to achieve first call resolution, you'll handle inquiries such as: making modifications; answering questions about trip components, including air, hotels, car rentals and optional tours; assistance with website navigation; and making sure that all aspects of reservations are completed accurately so that customers enjoy a smooth, perfectly organized vacation. This position also handles overflow calls from the Sales department during periods of high call volume by welcoming callers, answering questions about destinations, and creating new reservations.
Training will be conducted online for approximately 3 weeks. Full attendance during training and the subsequent 2 weeks of transition to handling of live calls is mandatory. Testing is conducted at end of training requires a minimum passing score to continue employment in the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Enthusiastic phone presence
- Advanced customer service skills including professionalism, respect, empathy, friendly disposition, positive attitude and patience
- Situational judgment skills
- Strong verbal command of English with ability to communicate clearly and articulately
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent computer, technology, and Internet skills with ability to navigate multiple screens and perform basic computer troubleshooting
- Cognitive ability to learn and process new information and choose appropriate action
- General knowledge of world geography
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or GED; Must be at least 18 years of age
- AA or BS degree preferred
- Minimum 1-year work at home experience for a call center
- Prior use of a reservations system preferred
- Experience in travel or related hospitality/tourism industries preferred
- Computer savvy with ability to do basic computer troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with a GDS (Amadeus) preferred, not required
Must be flexible and able to work days, evenings, and weekends. Current Contact Center operating hours (ET) are Mondays – Fridays 9:00AM – 6:00PM and Saturdays 9:00AM – 5:00PM. Operating hours will soon be expanding to 9:00PM weekdays and approximately 10:00AM – 4:00PM on Sundays.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
6 Paid holidays per year plus 1 floating holiday; Up to 20 days Paid Time Off, based on length of service; Travel discounts; Health, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance; 401(k)
WORK FROM HOME REQUIREMENTS
Chosen candidates are required to provide, without reimbursement, the following for their Work From Home location:
- High Speed Internet Service with minimum speeds of 10Mbps down/5Mbps up. Only broadband Fiber-Optic, Cable, or DSL service is allowed. Chosen candidates will be required to provide proof of adequate service. While working, the entire bandwidth must be dedicated to performing your job. Non-work-related activities performed by you or others in your household such as gaming or media streaming during working hours must not occur.
- Fiber-Optic/Cable/DSL modem and router or modem/router combo unit with Ethernet port for wired connection to the Gate 1 Travel supplied equipment is required. WiFi is not permitted.
- The ability to receive a phone call on a landline or mobile device for backup communications with Gate 1 Travel employees and support assistance departments.
We only hire non-tobacco using staff.
To accommodate individuals with health sensitivities, all employees must observe and maintain a scent-free workplace.
We are an EOE employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- ARE YOU CURRENTLY A RESIDENT OF FLORIDA? (This position is only open to residents of Florida)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Travel or Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- work at home call center: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.