The Part Time Service Specialist position provides the tactical execution of the transportation team through On-Time pick up and delivery management, In transit tracking, risk identification and mitigation, date maintenance, and exception management to meet internal and external customer expectations. The Service Specialist interacts with a large number of internal and external critical partners. The position requires a self-managed individual who is aligned with the expectations and objectives of the Supply Chain as they conduct their daily operational activities.
**This position is based in the centralized Transportation Hub (T-Hub) in Dekalb, IL and will work remotely from home on Saturday and Sunday, this role will work 20/hours per week. Opportunity for additional hours during peak period.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
• Efficiently and effectively execute the transport of products utilizing the Transportation Control Tower (TCT) tools and processes to exceed service expectations.
• Collaboration with cross-functional areas including customer service, carriers, facilities, and deployment while maintaining the proper professional approach in all interactions (face to face, phone, email, meeting, etc)
• Take initiative and make decisions independently weighing customer needs, facility requirements, carrier capacity, and escalating as appropriate.
• Ensure load coverage by utilizing published rote guides while balancing service and cost.
• Support Nestle Operational Master Plan, Nestle Continuous Excellence Initiatives and Continuous Process Improvement.
• Resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively, professionally, and timely.
• On-Time pick up management
• In transit tracking
• On-Time delivery management
• Risk Analysis identification and mitigation
• Date maintenance
• Exception Management
• Build strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Daily communication on successes and opportunities.
• Pursue continuous education on Transportation and Supply Chain.
• Trusted with confidential information.
• Embrace a Winning mindset, while being aligned, agile and adaptable.
Other duties as assigned including but not limited to meetings, projects, travel, training, and other necessary tasks to support adding the most value to Nestle.
Direct supervision from Transportation Supervisor and Senior Transportation Manager Transportation. Indirect guidance from Transportation Managers, Administration, Supply Chain and Shared Services. The expectation is that this individual is able to work independently in solving issues and taking initiative to execute with minimal supervision.
The Service Specialist needs to be able to coach and influence others in their day-to-day activities. Influencing and holding others accountable to agreed upon processes and commitments.
This position has operational execution responsibilities that result in financial impacts through route guide compliance, service and cost savings initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High School Diploma, with a college education preferred.
• Requires a professional approach to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates a professional image and demeanor.
• Ability to occasionally attend meetings in the office M-F.
• Transportation and/or logistics experience preferred or currently pursuing a degree in Business Administration preferably a concentration in Supply Chain Management
• Preferred experience in an office and/or remote environment
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical, decision-making and good judgment is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills a must.
• Must be able to handle shifting priority requirements
• Must be able to thrive in a team environment
• Must be resilient to and embrace change
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook Programs