apply today!hourly rate is $18.00/hour. this role is a seasonal home based position and requires residency and maintaining residency in (minnesota, cst, wisconsin, cst, texas, cst, south dakota, cst or arizona, mst) if offered the role.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
The Target Enterprise Services (TES) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, TES comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
TES has multiple service centers focused on delivering a superior experience with every contact and providing the quick and seamless resolution of issues on behalf of our guests and team members. From RedCard® Guest Services to Target.com Guest Services (TGS) to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. From our headquarter locations to our stores and distribution centers, we directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best.
As a SeasonalHome Based Sr. Specialist Guest Retail:
- You’ll provide a Target-branded experience with every guest interaction by listening, using critical thinking, and advocating for the guest in order to deepen the relationship and drive loyalty and sales.
- You’ll achieve this by assisting guests across multiple multi-media channels (i.e. phones, emails, social, chat, etc.), finding creative solutions to make it right for the guest, quickly adapting to the changing business needs, and sharing business intelligence through accurate documentation and coding.
- You’ll learn new technology and solve problems using all available resources and knowledge.
- You will interact with teams across Target to effectively resolve guest issues in a timely manner, and be responsible for identifying, evaluating and communicating guest trends to leadership promptly.
- You may handle media sensitive or potential legal issues and situations that involve extensive research or partnership with other key Target leaders. As a part of this you’ll respond to a variety of written correspondence and be responsible for ensuring that all contacts reflect professionalism.
- You’ll need to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business while displaying a positive attitude and professionalism in interactions both internally and externally.
- You’ll demonstrate critical thinking skills by identifying unique guest situations and making decisions appropriately.
- You’ll leverage online resources and web-based applications to assist and resolve guest and team member issues exercising a complete and thorough understanding of policies and procedures that support compliance.
- You’ll maintain department performance standards and goals related to performance and quality service.
- You’ll work in a multi-media environment that’s challenging and fast paced, requiring you to prioritize work accordingly.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Start date and Work Schedule:32-40 hours a week, Monday- Friday and every other weekend. Specific start date and available schedules are listed below.
Start Date: Monday, October 9, 2023
- Shift 1: 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM CST; 32-40 hours/week Monday-Friday and every other weekend
- If you reside in Arizona this equates to:
- Shift 1: 10:00am – 6:30pm AZ; 32-40 hours/week Monday – Friday and every other weekend (March to November)
- Shift 1: 11:00am – 7:30pm AZ; 32-40 hours/week Monday – Friday and every other weekend. (November to March)
- If you reside in Arizona this equates to:
- Shift 2: 1:30 PM – 10:00 PM CST; 32-40 hours/week Monday-Friday and every other weekend
- If you reside in Arizona, this equates to:
- Shift 2: 11:30am – 8:00pm AZ; 32-40 hours/week Monday – Friday and every other weekend (March to November)
- Shift 2: 12:30pm – 9:00pm AZ; 32-40 hours/week Monday – Friday and every other weekend (November to March)
- If you reside in Arizona, this equates to:
You will receive an additional day off during the week if you are scheduled to work on the weekend.
**If you are chosen to move forward, a recruiter will be in contact to determine your preference of work schedule, though your preference cannot be guaranteed.
- Reside within the states of:
- Arizona (Mountain Standard Time Zone)
- Minnesota (Central Time Zone)
- South Dakota (Central Time Zone)
- Texas (Central Time Zone)
- Wisconsin (Central Time Zone)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- 1-2 years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
- Ability to interact with guests, team members and internal business partners with a professional, friendly, empathetic style, and deescalate as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening, negotiating and decision making skills. Experience dealing with escalated guest complaints
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
- Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
- Access to a Home work space that is clear of noise distractions to perform the role
- Hardwired internet in your home location (Hardwired: using an Ethernet cable to directly connect the Target-issued computer to the modem or router)
- Meet the minimum bandwidth requirement of 40mbps download/5mbps upload
- Ability to engage via a Target issued web camera for required meetings, trainings and/or interactions
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment
Additional Home Based requirements:
- From time to time, and upon request, you may be required to complete an internet speed test and email a picture of your speed test result to your leader.
- You will be required to deactivate wireless capability when using Target equipment during your work hours.
- You will be required to save emergency and work telephone numbers (not including online resources) and other required notices in a conspicuous spot in your home workspace.
- If there are lengthy disruptions to your power or internet service, you will be required to follow specific Target processes which may include taking unpaid time off if applicable.
- You will take reasonable care to prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to Target property or information by others in the home worksite.
- You must log off or lock your Target issued computer when you are away from your workspace.
- Target-issued equipment can only be used for Target business purposes and printing and/or storing proprietary information is not allowed.
- You must keep your workspace free from any personal cell phones, tablets or other such devices (especially video and audio recording devices).
- You must maintain Target’s dress code expectations while working from home.
- You must maintain only one designated work location.
- You must use the surge protector that will be provided with your Target-issued equipment.
- You will not be reimbursed for any home office costs, such as internet, office supplies, or desk furniture.
- You are expected to follow Target’s “Ergonomics in the Workplace” document when setting up your workspace and to ensure a safe work environment.
- You should have a working smoke detector in or near the workspace.
- You should have a first aid kit accessible near the workspace.
- You will be expected to set up all issued Target equipment in your home workspace.**
- You will be expected to disassemble and return all Target issued equipment as directed by your leader upon request and/or upon the ending of your role.**
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you can meet all the above listed requirements
To apply for this job please visit jobs.target.com.