Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you…welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
Steam Community Moderator
Community Moderators are not only there to moderate and keep our community friendly and welcoming but they also get to be a voice for our community. Ensuring the community are both heard and that their feedback and suggestions are seen by the rest of the company. As a Steam Community Moderator, you will moderate and maintain feedback and issues as they come through Steam and other applications. There is sometimes a need to translate or use a translation service as our community is from all over the world. Using appropriate channels to document this information is also important so it may be shared with the rest of the company. This role calls for friendly and welcoming individuals with a customer service mindset and someone who’s quick to learn different communication programs for funneling conversations and feedback. You’ll be responding to reviews, forums and emails and working with other areas of the company to provide our community feedback.
- Respond to reviews from our community through Steam
- Find fixes to various issues/bugs that are brought up in forums/reviews
- Document and share feedback/bugs from our community channels
- Communicate with other areas of the company to ensure our community's feedback is heard and bugs/issues are known and being addressed.
- Attend meetings to discuss feedback and ways to constantly improve our responsiveness to our community
- Alert and responsive as reviews/feedback come in at all hours
- An understanding of customer service or community representation
- Ability to multitask and stay organized through multiple channels of communication
- Good communication and writing skills
- Adaptive and innovative to constantly improve our community environment and responsiveness.
- Bilingual (As our community and reviews are from all over the world)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.