Wine (dot) com
Wine.com is seeking a Seasonal Recommendations Specialist interested in working remote, part-time to full-time hours for the upcoming peak holiday season. The Recommendations Specialist is a wine expert responsible for assisting customers to determine their wine needs and make relevant, suitable recommendations. They are tasked with developing and ensuring a positive customer experience. This is achieved through their interaction with customers via Wine.com’s online live chat platform on Zendesk as they are recommending wines, explaining company policy and procedures, and quickly navigating the Wine.com site to provide fast responses. The Recommendations Specialist is also expected to collaborate with and provide friendly product knowledge inspiration to the team. This is a seasonal position that ends in January.
- Provides exceptional customer service while giving great wine recommendations.
- Demonstrates capacity for customer engagement and salesmanship including perceptiveness, initiative, tact, resilience, patience, an upbeat and very positive attitude when chatting with customers.
- Stays up to date on all current promotions, campaigns, policies and procedures via team announcements and emails.
- Communicates efficiently, effectively, and courteously with leadership and all team members.
- Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision and work efficiently individually and remotely.
- Ensures Wine.com’s company branding standards are upheld at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Expert-level wine knowledge and experience. One or more wine certification(s) from recognized institutions and/or qualifying courses or equivalent experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of major wine brands and regions.
- Enough open and consistent availability to be scheduled according to pre-defined shifts with a minimum of four 5-hour shifts or three 5-hour shifts plus two 3-hour shifts per week, approximately 20-40 hours per week. Afternoons, evenings and weekends are needed.
- Must be a resident of CA, OR, WA, CO, TX, FL, OH, NJ, NY, or MA. Please do not apply if you are not a resident of those states. We are unable to hire residents outside of these states.
- Must have
- a great desire to help people, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and remain upbeat while satisfying both happy and sometimes demanding customers
- the ability to work well in a fast-paced, high volume, and sometimes stressful, holiday environment
- the ability to quickly navigate multiple websites and successfully prioritize multiple requests at one time
- strong focus, attention to detail and organizational skills
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- typing skills with a speed of at least 40wpm.
- Must own and use an updated computer or laptop with fast and reliable internet connectivity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work in an environment that may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from seasonal demands of Wine.com business.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously and remain professional and courteous under challenging circumstances.
- Must be able to work well under minimal remote supervision.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.