Are you a pop culture obsessive, who is relentlessly driven to track down ALL of the info on your latest finds in arts, entertainment and literature? Zazzle is seeking Content Reviewers who will have a direct role in influencing the product Zazzle creates while also influencing the overall customer experience! This team is the front line of defense for our brand, reviewing user and designer-submitted designs to ensure they abide by Zazzle’s user agreement and content guidelines with a focus on copyrights, trademarks, and other forms of intellectual property rights to ensure a positive experience for customers and designers shopping at Zazzle and using our design tools.
Reporting to the site supervisor and based in Reno, Nevada, Seasonal Content Reviewers are crucial remote working supports in Zazzle’s quest to put as many options as possible in front of customers. You’ll join Zazzle’s Validation team, becoming a part of a team that protects Zazzle’s brand, designers and content partners. This is a seasonal assignment that is expected to last from September 27th 2021 through early January 2022.
We are currently offering the following shift at a starting pay rate of $16 per hour:
3:00pm – 11:30pm (M-F)
1:00pm – 9:30pm (Tuesday-Saturday)
Start dates: 9/27/21 & 10/11/21
Now, for a bit more about us. You might have heard of Zazzle, and we bet someone you know has used Zazzle. But for the uninitiated, Zazzle is a destination where you can design, sell, and customize thousands of products and designs. Our mission is to enable our users to create anything imaginable. We have millions of customers and a million plus independent designers on our platform, we’re profitable, and we’re (secretly) a global juggernaut that’s growing like crazy. We have fun, and we lead with empathy. In fact, leading with heart is one of our values.
As a Content Reviewer, you will:
- Review, detect, and confirm designs that are copyrighted, trademarked, or protected by other forms of intellectual property rights.
- Ensure that Zazzle does not offer or produce merchandise that is unauthorized or unlicensed.
- Protect Zazzle’s brand and maker partners from unauthorized and inappropriate designs.
- Resolve issues that pertain to violations of any content guidelines and to escalate difficult situations to team Leads and Supervisors if necessary for additional review.
- Identify, process, and complete basic to intermediate design fixes for customer designs
- Perform other duties, including supplemental customer service tasks such as emails and returns processing as assigned.
- 0-2 years professional experience, and a High School Diploma
- Technological awareness and familiarity with social media, computers, and general media is vital.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), Google Drive (Sheets, Docs, etc) and internet research (search engines, social media feeds, news and other sources of digital information)
- Must be highly knowledgeable of pop culture, celebrities or otherwise noteworthy figures from throughout history, media trends, religion, politics, etc.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve or escalate issues to a supervisor before they arise.
- Understanding of copyrights, trademarks, and other forms of intellectual property rights.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to learn swiftly, receive constructive feedback objectively and put requested improvement into action effectively.
- Ability to work in a self-driven, self-motivated environment with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, have a can-do attitude, and work well with others!
- Familiarity with Zazzle’s marketplace and design toolset is a huge plus
- Creative thinker, problem solving mind-set, with an eye for high quality designs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college experience preferred