As a current employee you know Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. The safety of our passengers, our more than 20,000 colleagues, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of you.
By living the Amtrak values and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Reservation/Sales Agents will provide effective customer service by communicating information to customers regarding schedules, rates, routings, connections, and destinations
- Handle and carefully respond to all customer inquiries through our Chat/SMS program Must possess the ability to use a computer to access information on schedules, rates, routes, and destinations to answer customer inquiries
- Must have a thorough knowledge of geography, fares and tariffs, routings to off-line points and office rules and procedures
- Must become RailRes qualified and trained to handle all RailRes interactions. Reservation Sales Agent must be able to handle Chat/SMS inquiries in a professional manner consistent with the established procedures and standards of service.
- Will perform assignment duties in a manner conforming to Amtrak’s Standards of Excellence
- Provide excellent customer service through active listening in a Chat/SMS setting
- Work with confidential customer information and treat it sensitively
- Aim to resolve issues on the first contact by being proactive, patient, empathetic, and understanding
- Appropriately & compassionately communicate with customers
- Compassionately handle sensitive situations
- Adhere to all client and regulatory compliance laws
- Document all customer facing interactions
- Engage leadership for support when appropriate
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Comfort with desktop computer system
- Proven oral & written communication skills
- Fluent English and/or Spanish including acceptable grammar and punctuation
- Compassionate customer service mindset
- Ability to interact with various types of customers
- Excellent written communication skills to clearly convey messages to customers through digital means
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced professional call center environment
- Able to work in a customer service oriented / sales environment with the ability to comprehend customer’s travel needs
- Must be able to successfully complete the training program, including passing oral and written tests, before being awarded a position as a Reservation Sales Agent
- Agent will accept positions as assigned, including nights, holidays, and weekends. Prior satisfactory job performance required
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Incumbent must have effective interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate primarily via Chat/SMS, but also via telephone, and e-mail when needed. Incumbent must have command of the English language.
Work at home available
Work At Home Requirements –
In order for candidates to qualify for Work At Home, employees must maintain the below at their own expense:
High speed internet Access (50 MB minimum) and verified from ISP billing or verified speed test
WIFI connection or access to router and an Ethernet cable that can reach the location you will be working
A quiet Room for working (no outside noises) and workspace verified via facetime or other video app prior to working from home
A table or desk and comfortable chair
Will periodically be required to report to the building for in person meetings
Rate of pay: $22.76 per hour
Bonus $3,500 total. 1,000 after 6 months, $2,500 after 1 year. (~10% of salary)
Job url: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=ead4e5ac448fe583
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.