JOB DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS
- Perform a thorough review of medical record documentation to accurately assign diagnosis and procedure codes for all types of outpatient services in addition to auditing and analysis of coding-related activities.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to review and discuss documentation, coding, and reimbursement issues of patients and identify documentation needs for medical staff and other health care providers, providing education as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in the requirements of the industry with regard to Medicare and/or Managed care regulations, the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9 and ICD-10-CM/PCS), and the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding systems.
- Maintain quality and productivity standards established for the department and demonstrate proficiency in coding all types of high-complexity records.
- Possession of a national certification in health information management coding from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or (CPC) Certified Professional Coder from the AAPC, or any other certification.
- Expert-level knowledge of guidelines for the sequencing of diagnosis and procedure codes for appropriate classification systems.
- Expert-level knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and medical terminology to accurately translate medical record documentation into the appropriate classification system for reporting purposes.
- Experience in Surgical Coding is preferred.
- Experience with Epic electronic medical record software and 3M encoding and abstracting software (Preferred)
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
- At least five years of coding experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to efficiently complete work assignments and interact with coding leadership team to review and discuss documentation, coding and reimbursement issues.
- Work remotely; However, local travel may be needed occasionally.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Medical Coding: 3 years (Required)
- Epic: 1 year (Preferred)
- CCS, CPC, COC or CPMA (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.