Website EMERGICON LLC
This position is 100% remote within the state of Texas ONLY.
The Remote Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for researching, coding, and filing claims timely while ensuring accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain all run reports (trip notes, PCRs, etc.) by paper or electronically for previous day's transports
- Code claims with appropriate ICD-10 & HCPC codes
- Review each chart for medical necessity
- Request hospital face sheet/demographics if applicable to obtain payor/demographic information
- Verify payer information on all transports
- Check appropriate insurance web sites and/or contact the patient on all private pay accounts prior to billing
- Enter all claims into billing system
- Match claims billed against all appropriate logs
- Follow up on rejected and failed claims as needed
- Recognize payor trends and report to management
- Other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years related EMS billing experience
- Minimum of six months working in a remote setting
- Working knowledge of ESO Billing software
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal communication and written skill set
- Maintain any certification applicable to job functions
- Professional phone skills
- High School Diploma/GED
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- CAC and/or CPC license highly preferred
ADDITIONAL REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Internet speeds must meet minimum standards and will be evaluated by Emergicon's IT Department.
- Must have the ability to attend interviews, training, and meetings virtually. Usage of a webcam is mandatory.
Emergicon requires satisfactory pre-employment background and drug screenings.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.