Scribendi, the leading online language services company, is seeking an experienced In-house Editor/Proofreader to join our team. At Scribendi, you will join a small group of forward-thinking, friendly, team-oriented individuals working in a fast-paced, positive environment.
In this role, you will spend your days working on a broad range of documents, including technical, scientific, and medical materials, especially those written by ESL speakers. You'll have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and to provide support to remote staff. You will also have the opportunity to work with the marketing department in researching and developing content for the company and to take on special projects that will allow you to use your creativity and writing skills.
If you love language and want to help make the world a better place, one comma at a time, then this job is for you!
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Survey Junkie - Surveys & Product testing. Open in the USA, Canada, & Australia.
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree and/or professional experience preferred
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to work accurately, but above all, quickly, as we have strict throughput requirements to meet our clients' needs
- Excellent writing and research skills and a desire to use them in a professional capacity
- A strong desire for professional development and the ability to show initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An open communication style
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000–1,500 words per hour
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., APA, the Chicago Manual of Style) is an asset
What you will do:
- Edit and proofread a broad range of documents, including technical, scientific, and medical materials
- Manage the day-to-day editorial workflow
- Work with the marketing department to research topics and complete special projects
- Enjoy a competitive wage, comprehensive health and dental benefits, paid training, a wellness stipend, and a flexible schedule
- Work full-time on weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays under a 12-month contract with the potential to become permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.scribendi.com.