Are you someone that enjoys problem solving and putting customers first? Do you want to directly impact the lives of our customers? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you: We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our Global Customer Solutions (GCS) contact center team, with various start dates this year. After paid training, you will join the in-bound customer service team putting customers at the heart of all you do.
Global Customer Solutions (GCS) provides support of key insurance and protection products. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long-Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone and email. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience.
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country’s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, as well as one of the largest providers of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? Our associates, of course!
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide various benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
- Paid training
- Dental, medical & life insurance
- Retirement plans including 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance
The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity and an honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Representative handles inbound customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and resolves complex customer issues. The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity and honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants and a focus on delivering solutions that meets those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
- Respond to customer requests via telephone or email, providing excellent service to MetLife’s customers who have insurance or other financial service products or benefit plans and providing solutions that best match the customers’ needs.
- Research requests regarding various product aspects, policy provisions, claim status, basic procedures, etc.
- Efficiently process transactions and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas. Track responses to ensure completion.
- Enhance and strengthen the relationship between the customer and MetLife using strong communication skills, keen listening skills and empathy.
- Support special product and/or service campaigns as needed, or if solicited by the customer.
- Efficiently access and navigate multiple electronic systems to provide a complete and integrated response to the customer’s inquiry.
- Perform these responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and high-quality service skills.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Flexible to work specific shifts during hours of operation between 8:00am – 11:00pm EST, Monday through Friday; must be flexible regarding the ability to work overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business need
- High School diploma, GED
- Some college experience, trade or professional certification.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.