Website Static Media
Steady freelance work that pays on time! Calling all reality television fans! Looper.com is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to help us write articles covering reality TV (specifically The Challenge and Big Brother, as well as the list of shows below). If selected, part of our hiring process will include a trial article based on either The Challenge or Big Brother; you must be able to demonstrate expertise on these shows in order to proceed with the hiring process. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web and are experts on reality television (dating and competition shows) as well as other content similar to Looper. We are seeking creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Writers must have extensive knowledge of The Challenge and Big Brother, as well as knowledge of the following shows:
- Below Deck
- Love is Blind and other Netflix dating shows
- Love Island
- Selling Sunset
- Other trendy reality hits as needed
Looper is the go-to source for the movies, TV shows and video games we all love. We're addicted to all things superhero and Star Wars, but we're not afraid to binge watch some reality TV when the mood strikes. Whether it's revealing Easter eggs and secrets hidden in your favorite films, exposing movie mistakes, highlighting the best deleted scenes, or uncovering the truth about reality TV's strangest stars, Looper has endless entertainment.
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
Schedule: 10 – 20 hours per week, Wednesday through Friday mornings (preferred)
Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- Three sentences explaining what makes you a reality TV expert
- A list of all reality television shows you are an expert in and are up to date on. (Competition and dating shows especially but please include others)
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on Looper.
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
All content on Static Media's sites is written entirely by humans. While we understand AI-written content is becoming prevalent, any articles submitted using AI during the hiring process will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- professional writing or editing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.