Proofreader (work at home)
Let’s talk about the role
The Editor/Proofreader reviews copy and creative outputs from every agency department for punctuation, grammar, style, accuracy of details, clarity of message, and adherence to brand standards. Other responsibilities for this position are described below.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Proofread/edit multiple types of creative outputs, including but not limited to:
- blog posts
- websites, email, e-newsletters
- display ads
- direct mail
- print ads
- video scripts
- Notify team members of discrepancies in community descriptions, event details, accepted/preferred language, etc., when these become evident in materials being proofed.
- Serve as the agency’s sought-after resource for copy editing, phrasing, grammatical questions and other creative standards.
- Regularly update reference materials in the online Attane Resource Library, used to educate copywriters and other associates about the senior living industry, our clients, and our agency.
- Build DAM fact sheets and keep them updated with information supplied by Client Service and our clients.
- Show initiative in refining/expanding the role to build bridges across departments and find creative, resourceful ways to support all associates.
What you bring to the team
- Thorough understanding of Associated Press Stylebook style; knowledge of other styles (Chicago Manual of Style, MLA Handbook) if client prefers them over AP
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with all team members, from entry-level associates to agency leadership
- Flexibility, responsiveness, solid interpersonal skills
- Senior living experience and/or aptitude to quickly learn about the niche field of senior living
- 5+ years of advertising proofreading/editing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English Literature, Journalism, or another related field
- Knowledge of the mechanics of writing: punctuation, spelling, structure, organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team player
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management skills and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment self-managing multiple proofreading and editing projects daily
- Experience working within Digital Asset Management systems and project management platforms, such as Wrike
Get to Know Us
Attane, formerly GlynnDevins, is the leading marketing solutions provider trusted by the senior living, healthcare, and financial services industries to drive sales and business success. Our data-driven understanding of the customer journey and more than 30 years of experience delivering results provide unparalleled value to clients — empowering them to engage with success.
To apply for this job please visit www.attaneresults.com.