Website DotDash Meredith
The Health Group at DotDash Meredith, comprising Verywell Health, Verywell Family, Verywell Mind, Verywell Fit, Health.com and Parents.com, is seeking a 40-hour per week photo researcher for a 3-month period to work on primarily Parents, Health, and Verywell Health ongoing projects. To start, the position will be dedicated to Health.com and Parents.com. We are looking for a digitally-savvy candidate with a background in photography and photo research. This person will work with the groups lead visual editors to meet and track project goals and deadlines.
The ideal candidate has a comfort and familiarity with photo research and stock image sites, a solid background in photography, and professional communication and project management skills. Previous experience working in digital media a plus.
About Your Contributions
- Partner with the visual editors of Health, Parents, and VWH to research and source images from stock sites for edit packages, accolade projects, digital issues, remediation projects, and existing content on the sites
- Maintain consistent visual identity specific to each site
- Work with edit and visual teams to drive visual assets strategies forward against a budget.
- Source, edit, and optimize visual content, including photography that aligns with best practices, voice, and visual identity.
- Edit photos and perform image processing tasks to align with ongoing new content creation and larger editorial initiatives.
- Manage all visual asset workflows and best practices
- 2-3 years experience working in digital media with design or editorial teams
- Background in photography, production or similar
- Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent eye for researching, selecting, and/or creating visual assets that make content shine across digital platforms
- Tech-savvy, basic Photoshop, and an understanding of basic design principles
- Familiar working in a CMS, with social media platforms, and with other design tools
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.