* THIS POSITION WILL WORK FROM HOME ON CASES FOR THE TWINSBURG FAMILY HEALTH CENTER*
- Counsels patients regarding insurance benefits and recommends alternative sources of payment and financial assistance by explaining financial responsibilities for services received, payment options and collection procedures to patients and parties responsible for payment.
- Contacts insurance carriers or other sources and acts as an advocate for the patient.
- Initiates process for collecting prepays due and performs follow-up to insure maximum collection is achieved.
- Identifies and resolves issues related to registration, financial clearance, insurance company authorization requirements, billing, insurance company explanation of benefits, provider based billing, governmental requirements, HCAP/FAP policies and restrictions, MyAccount and collections.
- Updates and correctly documents in appropriate computer systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer facing role with in person or phone contact.
- Associate’s Degree may substitute for up to one year of the stated experience.
- Bachelor's Degree may substitute for up to two years of stated experience.
- Normal physical demands include dexterity sufficient to operate CRT/PC and other office equipment.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.