Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything “remote”
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
Remote Year Onboarding is the period of time after a customer submits the initial down payment, but before their Remote Year program has launched. The Onboarding Specialist will help ‘Premotes’ get familiarized with Remote Year and prepare for their transition to the remote work and travel lifestyle.
The onboarding specialist acts as the face of Remote Year to our customers. We are looking for someone who thrives building genuine relationships and cultivating inclusive communities before programs start. You will readily bring your drive, empathy, and consultative skills to this role.
- Support with communication channels (email, slack and phone) with Remote Year participants prior to their program/retreat launch.
- Up hold Remote Year’s brand index in all areas of responsibility.
- Act as primary support/point of contact to resolve any requests, issues within agreed response times.
- Plan and execute bi weekly webinars to help participants prepare for their upcoming trip.
- Create content for Onboarding newsletters and other Onboarding related resources.
- Build pre-program community engagement
- Manage the Onboarding calendar to ensure all events/tasks are being executed on time.
- Support the program’s team on program launches.
- Collect & analyze feedback to inform continual Onboarding process improvements.
- Assist the sales team with potential lead inquiries.
- Develop strategies for early Marketplace sales.
- Help convert unassigned Premotes to specific programs.
- Support with outstanding balance payment follow ups.
- Comprehensive hand over of Programs to Program Leaders.
- Act as Remote Year Brand Ambassador.
- Seek third party partnerships to benefit Remote Year and Remotes alike.
- Carry out other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Director of Onboarding as the role, team and company develops.
- Customer Support, Customer Success or Account Management experience
- Community management and engagement experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective and confident communicator online and in person, 1:1 and in large groups
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to change your voice to fit a diverse customer
- Experience in digital marketing and and working within brand guidelines
- Superior team player across multiple teams
- Thrive in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Champion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Fluent English speaking ability
- Tourism experience preferred
- Experience working remotely
- Flexibility to travel for work as required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.
To apply for this job please visit remote-year.breezy.hr.