JOB DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS
MAXIMUS is currently looking for remote Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Call Center. CSRs in this position will provide knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries regarding account, tax-filing and Covid-19 stimulus questions. To prepare you for this role, MAXIMUS provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay rate is based on location
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- Leadership support to ensure success
Job Description Summary
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas - may respond to e-mail inquiries
- Customer service is the primary function
- Calls are basic and routine
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Must be able to speak and read English fluently
- Spanish fluency is desirable
- Must be able to pass both criminal background check and IRS tax review due to the sensitive nature of this work
Home Office Requirements:
**The link below will take you to all IRS remote customer support positions currently open!
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.