Full Job Description
VIQ Solutions is looking to work with individuals who can proofread draft versions of audio transcriptions.
As agencies transition to a technology-driven workflow, VIQ Solutions is a leader in providing transcription and editing services to various industries to include criminal justice, law enforcement, legal, corporate finance, and insurance. In this role you will listen to audio recordings of Insurance calls, strictly adhering to style guides, to produce accurate transcripts. Each day you will encounter new content and have opportunities to apply and expand your general knowledge. This is a 100% remote opportunity for Independent Contractors.
As an independent contractor for VIQ Solutions, you will have the opportunity to set your own schedule and receive guidance from our supportive, in-office team whenever you need it. Whether you want to work part-time, full-time or all the time, we have an abundance of orders to keep our editors and transcribers busy!
? Work on your own schedule, as many hours as you want
? Grow your business at your own pace
? Have open access to work 24/7
? Save on daycare, gas, and other expenses you may have when working outside the home
? When you work with VIQ, you are self-employed, not an employee
? A production incentive is available on every invoice in addition to a one-time incentive at 120 days for new contracts.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Excellent listening skills
- Outstanding literacy skills, including comprehension, spelling and grammar
- Able to consistently follow formatting and/or style guidelines
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to maintain accuracy while working to deadlines
- Able to pass a background check
- Must be a US citizen. Currently, this opportunity is not available to Massachusetts, Illinois, or California residents.
- Experience transcribing audio content with multiple people speaking will be well regarded but is not essential.
- Candidates without transcription experience who meet the above criteria are capable, enthusiastic, and quick to learn are encouraged to apply.
- Work is available 24/7/365, in both permanent slots and a la carte assignments.
- If you are able to commit to editing 300 audio minutes a week consistently and this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, then please submit your application using the APPLY NOW button.
Technology is at the heart of our company. To utilize our global, cutting-edge transcription technology, you will need:
- High-speed internet
- PC or laptop with minimum 8 GB RAM
- Noise-canceling quality headphones are recommended
- Windows 10 (If you are not sure of which version of Windows you have, one way you can check is by pressing Windows logo key + R, type: winver, then selecting OK)
- Antivirus program with daily virus definition updates (Except Webroot antivirus
- Infinity Foot Pedal
We are currently staffing for multi-speaker Insurance calls. Rates are paid via per line. Payments are made twice monthly via direct deposit.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.