We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job is responsible for Ochsner billing services ensuring the financial security of accounts in the Accounts Receivable (AR) for Ochsner patients to ensure receipt of appropriate cash and other financial adjudications to settle account balances. This role involves performing billing activities related to account resolution and includes communication to payors, departmental leadership, and other departments throughout the Revenue Cycle. Responsibilities may include the effective handling of bad debt, charity care, cash collections, yield affecting adjustments, accounts receivable days and accounts receivable over 90 days.
Required – High school diploma or equivalent
Required – 6 months related experience in related hospital, clinic, medical office, business services/revenue cycle, front line registration, financial counseling, banking, hotel, retail and/or customer service
Preferred – 2 years related experience in related hospital, clinic, medical office, business services/revenue cycle, front line registration, financial counseling, banking, hotel, retail and/or customer service
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Good time management skills and ability to work self-directed (with minimal supervision).
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Resolves billing inquiries utilizing a variety of tools (i.e. computer software, reports, computerized operating systems, interdepartmental resources, newsletters, and payor websites.).
- Provides feedback to revise and improve billing processes.
- Meets billing deadlines and productivity measures while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Supports change initiatives.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
The incumbent has no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.