Website Ruby Receptionists
Shifts range from 20 to 40 hours per week, with start times as early as 5:00am PT/7:00am CT. We also have shifts that include a combination of weekday and weekend days – let us know what works for you!
* This position is fully remote. See working conditions for more. *
If your true calling is to make other people’s day, we want to hear from you! Every day we come ready to fight the good fight against impersonal service and automated voice systems. We embrace the charge to help our thousands of small business customers grow their businesses and ultimately to do our part to make the world a better place. If this mission is important and resonates with you, come grow with us!
Starting wage in Missouri, Kansas & Texas
0-3 months $16.00 | 3-6 months $16.75 | 6-12 months $17.75 | 1 year $18.75
Starting wage in Arizona, Oregon & Washington
0-3 months $16.75 | 3-6 months $17.50 | 6-12 months $18.50 | 1 year $19.50 and it only gets better from there!
What is a Virtual Receptionist?
Shift and Schedule Availability:
- Part–time starting at 20-32hrs.
What is a Ruby Virtual Receptionist?
Our proprietary technology enables us to be a virtual extension of our customers’ teams 24/7/365 and make a direct impact on their businesses every day. If you’re a speedy typer who loves tech, and customer service, read on!
On any given day, you could be taking a message for an attorney in one interaction, to connecting a caller with their wedding planner in another. You will be speaking with folks from all walks of life across a variety of industries – the only thing that remains the same is your welcoming tone. We give our customers the personalized service and interactions they deserve, making meaningful connections that help their businesses grow and thrive.
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Adhere to Ruby’s call-handling expectations, accurately completing over 200+ calls per day, limiting personal bias while answering calls professionally.
- Create exceptional caller experiences that delight and WOW by seeking opportunities to make meaningful connections with customers and callers.
- Maintain accuracy, mindfulness, and a strong attention to detail in written communication. Cross “T’s” and dot “I’s,” use proper spelling, grammar, and logical message composition. Communicate professionally and with personality.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment. Toggle between two screens and utilize multiple applications simultaneously, while delivering exemplary caller experiences.
- Precisely and consistently follow call-handling instructions on every call. Provide detailed, accurate notes and messages from callers, and take ownership of mistakes when they happen.
- Adhere to role metrics and call handling expectations in support of dept. KPI’s.
- Ability to adapt and evolve in our rapidly growing bilingual services division.
Your Work DNA
You are tech-savvy and can multi-task navigating multiple screens and systems, while seamlessly navigating a conversation with a caller or customer live and in real-time.
- You are positive and professional with a high degree of emotional intelligence. Your can-do attitude is amplified when you are handling multiple tasks at once.
- You diligently follow instructions yet are comfortable going off-script when the situation calls for it. You take pride in representing our customers and providing a fantastic virtual first impression for a wide variety of businesses from attorneys to healthcare offices.
- Your laser-focus and high attention to detail allow you to accurately depict the spirit of a message, while distilling the content to ensure it is concise, relevant, and meaningful to coworkers and to the customer. You are incredibly well-written.
- You are a team player, both reliable and present in your role. Your Coach and teammates can count on you to do what you say you’ll do.
- Willing and able to deliver service to a variety of industries without bias and with empathy
- Enjoys technology and adept at using and troubleshooting in new and complex systems
- Skilled at navigating difficult interactions while remaining professional and service-oriented
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus!
- Remote working experience a plus!
Preferred qualifications for the Virtual Receptionist are:
- 6 months experience in a call center or heavy call volume role
- 3 years experience in a professional/administrative role with light call volume
- 3 years experience in a heavy customer-facing role as a Manager, Supervisor, or Lead
Requirements for Working Remotely
- Internet bandwidth to support systems and applications remotely
- Run a speed test to test your internet – any site will do!
- Minimum required speeds: 20 mbps download / 5 mbps upload (10 mbps recommended)
- *Satellite or wireless internet does not allow sufficient bandwidth*
- Direct access to your router via Ethernet cable (Ethernet cable will be provided; best connection <50 ft. but can go up to 100 ft.)
- Dedicated workspace with limited distractions
- Ability to maintain a predictable and consistent schedule
- All equipment will be provided PLUS monthly internet subsidy will be provided
This is a coverage position that requires the ability to work a predictable and consistent set schedule. It requires the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time, using finger/hand dexterity to manipulate a keyboard/mouse in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. It requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone, and by computer.
Requirements for Training Remotely –Training Schedule OR &WA 7:30am-3pm PST, AZ 7:30 – 3pm PST Spring & 8:30am-4pm Fall MST, and KS&MO 9:30 – 5pm CST for a period of 12 business days total
- Training requires being present, on time, and fully engaged during the training period in your first 12 days. Any absence in this training period may impact your ability to continue employment with Ruby.
- Approximately 30 hours of training is self-paced learning, completing e-learning courses on your own and coming together with the class to discuss and apply the learning. Self-discipline is a must to be successful during training!
- Training will be conducted in a remote environment with various trainers providing hands-on support for all aspects of the virtual receptionist role for you and your classmates. After completing initial training, you will have dedicated support weekly with observations and feedback on your performance and access to in the moment help as needed.
- Technology infrastructure is also key to your success. Ensure all equipment has arrived and is connected and ready for use on your first day. Notify appropriate contacts if there are issues with equipment or setup. If your technology is not set up prior to training, it will impact your ability to be successful. (Contact list provided)
Candidates near Portland, OR, or Kansas City, MO, have the option to work from one of our beautiful open-concept offices. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time or hybrid. If an in-office environment isn’t for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and computer.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Ruby participates in the federal E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law to verify new employees’ authorization to work in the United States. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions~
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.
JOB URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/rubyreceptionists/jobs/6195856002
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.