You’ll be in charge of updating WordPress core and plugins on a range of high-traffic sites — doing your best to minimize interruption to the sites and quickly fixing any issues that may arise after those updates.
We don’t rely on “auto-updates” — instead, we employ a “human-managed” safe update process, making sure that our clients’ sites are still working properly after updates are performed. Therefore, you should have a strong understanding of WordPress and the update process, and the confidence to troubleshoot any issues that may arise related to updates.
Your day will generally include determining which new WordPress updates are available, reviewing changelogs and bug reports for potential issues, determining which updates should be run, communicating with the team about the latest news, actually running the updates, and doing post-update quality assurance testing.
- You should have…
- At least “intermediate” WordPress skills and knowledge.
- Mad troubleshooting skills.
- General understanding of servers and web hosting, including SFTP.
- We may also ask for your help with other site maintenance tasks.
- You’ll embrace our company Core Values, using them to guide your actions and decisions.
- Depending on your experience, aptitude, and desire there is potential for advancement within the company.
Required Personality Traits:
- Self-starter, motivated, and fast learner
- Methodical, with a high attention to detail
- Enjoy helping others
- Excited and energized by problem-solving
- Calm under pressure
- Good at researching and comfortable with asking questions about things you don’t (yet) know
- Sense of responsibility for actions & inactions
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Good sense of humor
- Optimization and efficiency is second nature for you, always trying to see if there’s a better or faster way to accomplish a task.
- You’re an active contributor in the WordPress community.
- You’ve coded a plugin or theme.
- You have a blog (better yet, a food or lifestyle blog!), and understand blogging “best practices.”
- You love animals and/or beekeeping and/or kombucha-making. When you submit your application, include a photo of your favorite animal. Or your favorite kombucha.
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions.
- Year-end bonuses and 401(k) profit sharing.
- Paid sick leave and short-term disability insurance.
- Technology/equipment budget — we want you to be able to do your job efficiently and effectively, so the right tools are a must!
- Internet reimbursement — we’ll cover the cost of your primary internet service each month.
- Flexibility in hours – while we do need you to work during our regular business hours, this position will enjoy a certain level of flexibility in self-managing work times.
- Bonus for speaking or volunteering at your local WordCamp (or we’ll cover your cost to attend).
- Educational expenses, such as books, courses, or training programs.
- Small company means you have room to grow and make your mark.
- We’re nice people to work with (and are really good at posting awesome giphys on Slack).
Logistics & Timing
- Salary Range: $20 to $25/hour, based on experience.
- Location: 100% Remote, but you must be based in the United States.
- Time commitment: Part-time (anticipated at 20-28 hours/week) or possibly Full-time if desired.
- You’ll be an employee, not a contractor.
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday, during the day. Specific working hours within that are flexible.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.nerdpress.net.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.