Content Writer with Experience Writing for SaaS or Technical Audiences
FastSpring is the global digital commerce platform for Software and SaaS companies. Our platform powers over 10 million transactions per year enabling more than 3,500 companies to sell in all major currencies in over 200 countries. We are an Inc. 5000 company, with several awards. Backed by AKKR, we are profitable and have a great culture with remote staff globally and offices in Santa Barbara, Amsterdam and Halifax.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment and we invest in our employees by helping team members grow and develop professionally. We are developers, technologists, and business professionals who are globally-minded, customer-focused, and driven to innovate.
We are searching for a writer to help us create exceptional content for the global software “builder” audience.
As a content writer at FastSpring, you’ll report to our Director of Content, and you’ll have the opportunity to become a writer, resource, and advocate for entrepreneurs and technical professionals creating software products for global audiences.
These are professionals with roles such as:
- Founder (Often a technical founder) Chief product offer
- Head of product
- Director of development
Say “yes” to either of the following statements, you might be perfect for this role:
You’ve spent a lot of time creating content specifically for technical audiences, and you have the portfolio to prove it. For example, you might have a list of case studies or profile stories you wrote based on interviews you’ve done with technical founders, chief product officers, or other software builders.
You’re a writer, but you’re also a “builder,” meaning you’ve previously built software, apps, or software-as-a-service products. And you’ve written about your experiences on a personal site, LinkedIn, Medium, or something similar.
- Create world-class content, including blog posts, email newsletters, eBooks, white papers, case studies, social posts, and more!
- Work cross-functionally with teammates and subject matter experts from inside the company and from our customer base
- Assist with the development of our content calendar
- Contribute content ideas based on research, personal experience, conversations with our customers, and SEO research
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise by staying up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
Excellent candidates look like this:
- Skilled writer and content creator with the ability to understand technical information and distill it for software “builder” audiences
- Experience in software development, media, communications, content development, or creative services
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple workflows under tight deadlines
- A portfolio of writing samples demonstrating your ability to create world-class content about technical subjects
- BA/BS degree.
These are a plus:
- Experience with Asana, Jira, AHA, or similar
- Experience with WordPress
- Familiarity with Marketo, Hubspot or Pardot
- Experience with Google Search Console, Facebook Ads Manager, and/or LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Experience pulling and presenting analytics.
These are a major plus:
- A personal portfolio of content you’ve written about your personal experiences developing software, apps, and/or SaaS products
- Journalism background or training with experience interviewing technical subject matter experts and creating content based on those interviews.
- The above doesn't sound like you but you still think you want to join the FastSpring team? Let us know why because we seek diverse backgrounds and experiences to help us think outside the box.
To apply for this job please visit fastspring.applytojob.com.