Hiring Customer Care Associates – Canada, Work at Home
Carewell envisions a world where informal caregivers find the support and convenience they need, allowing them to maintain a sense of normalcy, to live happier and healthier lives, and to spend more quality time with the people they love – in comfort, with confidence.
We are bringing this world about through always-on advice, expertly-vetted products, trusted partnerships and helpful resources designed to empower families and afford everyone the opportunity to age gracefully in-place.
🌟 The Importance of hiring a Customer Care Associate
As the Customer Care Associate, reporting into the Customer Care Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing top tier service in order to help and support family caregivers, while remaining loyal to our top company value: Putting people first. You will use your strong service aptitude, attention to detail, and problem solving ability to be a caregiver advocate. You will spend the bulk of your work day on the phone with customers taking care of their needs and supporting them through their journey as a caregiver.
Carewell.com is visited by >1M people each month. These consumers are seeking products and advice related to caring for themselves or a loved one. Often they are “informal”, meaning they have jobs, families and other responsibilities requiring much time and attention. Our goal is to lessen the burden of caring for the ones we love by leveraging our considerable knowledge of care plans, products and services to anticipate REAL NEEDS. We must devise fit-for-purpose solutions that deliver unique value to our consumers sensing and responding efficiently and effectively.
This is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to join a well-funded, fast-growing startup as a foundational team member. Your responsibilities, resources, and compensation will reflect that. We expect you to bring 2 years of relevant experience, exceptional soft skills and both understanding and appreciation for the hard skills required to build the right things, the right way. More importantly though: we expect you to dive-in everyday, to love and live this mission with us, to do your life’s best work and to build pathways for others to do theirs!
✅ Here’s what we’ll want you to do…
- Help, support and care for our customers through quality conversations and customer service experiences
- Answer phones and assist customers with order placement, reorders, product questions and guidance, returns, and website navigation
- Ensure every customer feels valued and supported
- Build customer relationships based on trust, kindness, and reliability
- Recommend products that best serve our customers’ interests
- Practice active listening, clarify information, and diffuse tension for upset customers
- Participate in ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Utilize software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
📈 You'll be responsible for driving …
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Average of at least 4.5
- Quality Assurance (QA) score average equal to or greater than 80%
- Answer Rate of 85% or more
- Average Handle Time (AHT) of 6.5 minutes or less
- No more than an average of 25 mins per month of “unavailable time” off the phone
🛠 We think this means you probably…
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others. We want our Customer Care Associates to be caregiver advocates, empathetic, and solution oriented.
- 2+ years experience in customer care or service-related industry directly dealing with customer AND/OR degree/certification in a relevant field including Healthcare, Nursing, Gerontology, Social Work, Teaching, CNA
- Proven history of strong service attitude (volunteer experience, passion projects, etc)
- Exceptional service skills including active listening, written and verbal communication skills, and a professional phone voice
- Proficiency with computer skills and strong typing skills
- Availability to work variable hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable access to a private, secure, quiet workspace
- Reliable high-speed internet access with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps per person connected to the wireless internet
- Must be authorized to work in the Canada
- Ability to complete 10 full days of training M-F 9AM-6PM EST
The ideal candidate is comfortable asking sensitive questions and diffusing tense situations, makes an effort to communicate from a place of empathy and kindness, and promotes happiness and positivity in every aspect of their life. You give and receive feedback often with an open mind, see problems as opportunities to learn and grow, and look for opportunities to enhance processes with the end goal of improving the customer experience. You enjoy working collaboratively with teammates, and you are resourceful while working independently.
🎈 Bonus points…
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience working in healthcare (CNA, PCA, Nurse, etc.)
- Experience working in a high volume contact center environment
- Two weeks / Monday-Friday
- 9am-6pm EST
Shift after training
- 9 hour shift starting between 8am-10am EST
- Shift times will vary from day to day
- One weekend (Saturday & Sunday) required per month
- Starting wages are between $17 – $21 CAD per hour, based on experience and education
💜 What we’ll offer you…
- The opportunity to be a founding team member of a fast-growing startup
- Competitive compensation
- The ability to work 100% remotely
- PTO and Floating Holidays
- Employee discount
- A steady stream of feels as we hear daily from highly-satisfied customers
- A fun, diverse, and entrepreneurial team focused on greatness
- Employee discount
- Passionate, mission-driven co-workers who are dedicated to improving caregivers’ lives
- The opportunity to make an appreciable difference in the lives of millions of people in need of support and otherwise left to figure things out, alone
- $500 sign on bonus for fluent Spanish speaking employees (bonus is advanced after 6 months of employment)
- $250 sign on bonus for holding an expired CNA license or $500 bonus opportunity for holding an active CNA license (bonus is advanced after 6 months of employment)
JOB URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/carewell/jobs/4766835004
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.