At Stout, we’re dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it Relentless Excellence ®. Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our core values: Positive and Team-Oriented, Accountable, Committed, Relationship-Focused, Super-Responsive, and being Great communicators. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
General Purpose: This individual will provide call center services in support of an operational change project servicing residents living in NYC public housing with mold, leaks, and excessive moisture conditions and thus having health challenges exacerbated by their living conditions.
Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm EST. This is an hourly full-time position. All overtime must be pre-approved by the Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct incoming and outbound telephone calls regarding service questions and general customer concerns
- Review data reports and communication tools to aid in the response to customer questions or concerns
- Record written summary of transpired communications into a customer service software
- Respond efficiently and accurately to calls, explaining possible solutions to ensure the caller and client feels supported and valued
- Monitor progress of work being performed based on customer service request to ensure the appropriate action steps are being followed and follow-up, as needed
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism and empathy with customers and working to establish a positive rapport with all callers
- Perform clerical support functions within a customer service software system such as data field population, logging email interactions, and saving supporting documentation provided by a client
- Work with management team to stay updated on client matters and be informed of any changes within the engagement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability make fast and reliable decisions within strict deadlines involving complex environments and situations
- Ability to de-escalate customer complaints/concerns and bring the customer back into a more normal state
- Strong attention to detail and written communication skills
- Organizational skills necessary
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- Analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret data
- High level of confidentiality required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks necessary
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to work in a high-volume and high-pressure environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in virtual teams across the country
- Excellent customer service software system experience, including ZenDesk
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong Preference for bi-lingual capabilities in Spanish and other languages.
- Preferred understanding of public housing development corporations and its low-income or middle-income resident populations
- 1 or more years of call center experience, customer service experience, and/or social work experience
- Preferred knowledge of residential property management operations or public housing
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Stout Culture: We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success.
Professional Development: To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, and professional designation reimbursement. We believe in timely and proactive performance excellence, ongoing 360 feedback, clear performance expectations at each level, and quarterly check-ins with your manager ensure you are supported and growing your career.
Stout Benefits : Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout.
Flexible Work Schedules: Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Stout values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
JOB URL: https://stout.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Stout-Careers/job/Chicago-IL/Call-Center-Representative_r1088
To apply for this job please visit stout.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.