Website COLLEGE DIABETES NETWORK
At The Diabetes Link, we work to equip and inspire young adults to live confidently and courageously with diabetes, both today and tomorrow. Our mission is to empower young adults with diabetes, by providing access to the peer support, connections, and expert resources they need to thrive.
Applicants are requested to submit a short cover letter explaining their connection to the mission of The Diabetes Link, and any additional information they would like the hiring team to know. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered complete.
The Senior Program Coordinator supports the development, implementation, and management of our peer support programs delivering high-quality support to our members and partners and collaborating with the team to help the organization effectively carry out its mission. This role is responsible for ensuring the successful administration of our College Chapter Network and for providing a positive, supportive experience to our student leaders and members. The chapter network is the core community program and backbone of our organization.
Community programs help prepare our young adults to manage their diabetes, and their health, as they journey to independence – from pre-college planning, through their college years, and as they enter the professional world (either after or in lieu of college). The Senior Program Coordinator will interact mainly with chapter members, but also support high school, non-college, and working young adults, via our online community.
Manage daily activities of the chapter network to maximize student engagement and support the growth of our young adult community.
Ensure positive student experience for Chapter Leaders nationwide:
- Field chapter start-up inquiries from both students and faculty. Conduct Start-a-Chapter calls and manage all follow-up including introduction to our resources, affiliation requirements, account access, chapter pages and Salesforce records.
- Manage the Chapter Resource Drive, including distribution of introductory and training materials to Chapter Leaders.
- Conduct regular check-ins with chapters to support them as needed and stay up to date on their news, interest areas, issues and concerns.
- Ensure chapter compliance with The Diabetes Link policies (update forms, logos, financial tracking, social media etiquette, etc.) and provide relevant training.
- Moderate the Discord server for the high school, chapter, college, and professional audiences.
- Coordinate ongoing education and community-building seminars for Chapter Leaders and campus community in partnership with Program Team members.
- Connect chapters and chapter leaders to opportunities with our national and regional partners and the overall diabetes community, including but not limited to virtual/in-person volunteer opportunities, conferences, retreats, and events.
Run the administrative backbone of the College Chapter Network:
- Administer, analyze and report on semesterly Chapter Update Forms.
- Manage the accounting, dispersal and record-keeping of Chapter Stipend incentives.
- Oversee chapter outreach kit distribution and contribute to brainstorming around student swag.
- Administer the Chapter Grants program and report back on use of funds and chapter activity.
- Coordinate communications, outreach and other activities with student members (beyond Chapter Leaders) across the Program team. Maintain records of activities and results in Salesforce, and similar tracking tools.
- Plan and execute annual programming including National Diabetes Awareness Month, College Diabetes Week, and the Summer Social in coordination with communications and development teams.
- Keep the Program Team and other staff apprised of issues, trends and opportunities that impact the success of the chapter network and student experience.
Strategic Direction of Chapter Network:
- Work in partnership with Program Director to influence the strategic growth, direction, and development of the college chapter network.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a professional environment (experience working remotely preferred).
- Bachelor's degree preferred; commensurate work experience will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of diabetes from the young adult/patient perspective is critical.
- Ability and interest in building and managing large peer-based communities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with talent for connecting diverse constituents and building a strong community and personal relationships.
- Problem-solving mindset and ability to take initiative, make sound judgments and resolve issues promptly, creatively and tactfully.
- Skilled at prioritizing in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and aptitude for successfully working independently and as part of a team, including reporting to cross-functional managers.
- Tech-savvy with strong database management skills (Salesforce), proficiency with office productivity apps (G Suite, MS Office) and comfort-level learning and using new technology and tools.
- Experience approaching problems from a systems perspective, and creating standardized or automated procedures for addressing needs.
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail while considering how those details impact the big picture.
- Chapter Network (affiliation timelines, contact schedules, compliance, resources, training)
- Chapter/Student Engagement (outreach, partner tie-ins, ongoing support)
- Community Growth
Additional responsibilities may be assigned to help deliver new projects and programs, assist with client and constituent deliverables and support fellow team members. The Senior Program Coordinator will also have the opportunity to contribute to future programming and pursue areas of interest in partnership with other teams. We welcome creativity and encourage this candidate to share ideas to advance the organization's mission.
Estimated Salary Range: $47,500- $55,000 annually
JOB URL: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CollegeDiabetesNetwork/743999858532696-senior-program-coordinator-peer-support-community-remote-
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.