Avodah develops and engages a network of Jewish leaders working within the Jewish community and beyond to promote social justice and fight the causes and effects of domestic poverty. We achieve this through our many programmatic offerings including the Jewish Service Corps, the Jewish Justice Institute, our alumni network, and our community education and engagement work.
Avodah is seeking a full-time Social Media Associate, who will report to our
Communications Director. The Social Media Associate is a key member of the
communications team and supports all aspects of content production, brand
management, and targeted outreach. Working with the Communications Director, staff, and partner organizations, the Social Media Associate helps promote and disseminate key messages through social media, Avodah’s blog, web platforms, videos, social, and marketing/advertising campaigns.
The Social Media Associate works across a host of disciplines and platforms, creating and editing content ranging from blog posts and website landing pages, to social media and digital materials, and assists with marketing outreach. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in Avodah’s core mission and social justice, has some experience in social media and communications platforms, and is interested in growing their skills in these areas.
● Work with Avodah’s staff teams to establish and execute effective social media
and digital marketing strategies and campaigns;
● Work with the Communications Director, Graphic Designer, and team leaders to
track success using data/metrics;
● Work with the communications team to create and edit program materials,
including social media content, blog posts, web content, mass emails, social
media content, marketing materials, video scripts, and presentations;
● Develop and implement marketing campaigns for Avodah’s programs including
the Jewish Service Corps, Justice Fellowship, Institute for Social Change, and
● Assist with website development and content management;
● Support Communications Director in executing marketing campaigns for major
communications projects, including the launch of new programs and initiatives;
● Serve as general support to the Communications Director, sometimes including
administrative duties, with the goal of strengthening Avodah’s communications
efficiency and effectiveness.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 2 years of relevant experience, as well the skills and competencies listed below. We know that systemic inequities in hiring have caused people from historically marginalized groups to only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break this statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
● You have experience with social media and online marketing tools, including
experience in some of the following: writing for SEO and digital audiences, WordPress, Google Suite, Google Analytics, social media content management social scheduling software (ex: Sprout Social, etc.).
● You have strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
● You are accountable for your own work and are a strong project manager. You
juggle competing demands, prioritize with ease, and are efficient with your time. You are comfortable with deadlines.
● You are a collaborative team-player who can work with staff across the country.
● You have an understanding of, or desire to learn more about the Jewish social
justice landscape and the diversity of the Jewish community.
● You have an interest in uplifting marginalized voices and a diverse range of
Jewish voices including (but not limited to) BIPOC, queer and/or trans participants and participants with disabilities.
What we offer:
● Healthcare: 100% employer paid medical and 100% employer paid dental, vision, and disability insurance
● Time off: Vacation days (starting at 15 per year prorated for half-time work and
increasing with paid employment) and sick time (12 per year, prorated for half-time work), plus paid time off for Jewish and secular holidays
● Generous paid parental leave policy
● Flexible spending account options
● Retirement savings plan with an employer contribution after 90 days of employment
● A flexible work schedule
● Professional development funds and opportunities to learn and grow
● A strong organizational culture and supportive team with employee well-being
● Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world
● Being part of a passionate team of people who are devoted to Avodah’s mission
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific terms and conditions of employment may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement
JOB URL: https://avodah.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/NAT-FY-2023-Social-Media-Associate-Job-Description.pdf
To apply for this job please visit avodah.net.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.