About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
About You: You are proactive and passionate about communicating in plain language — making the complex simple. You love thinking about and designing solutions that solve customer problems. You’re a strong collaborator who can work with Design, Product and Engineering ensuring a consistent voice across Grubhub’s brands. You’re a natural storyteller, a systems thinker, a designer of content, and people love to work with you.
We are looking for a Copywriter to help create exceptional digital experiences. In this role you’ll utilize Grubhub’s voice and content standards for web and mobile to solve user needs. The position requires a customer focus, data savviness, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design and content. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about designing with words, and able to act well with minimal direction.
The Impact You Will Make
- Help define the content strategy and writing guidelines for self-help products.
- Identify opportunities to improve UX content solutions to evolve self-help products, always advocating for and delighting the user.
- Understand and empathize with how the words we use make our users feel.
- Partner with Design, Product, and Engineering partners to co-create content for experience(s) we’re trying to launch or evolve.
- Join our UX researchers to observe and conduct user testing and research to inform our experiences.
- Write clearly, concisely, and fearlessly for all of our products’ elements including emails, microcopy, push notifications, text messages, help text, and probably some things we haven’t thought of yet.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work.
- Provide feedback in all stages of a product’s development lifecycle—from brainstorming to retrospectives.
- Uphold and expand our voice, tone, and style guidelines.
- Think about the copy you write holistically. In other words, understand how the words you use impact the user now, but also in other parts of the user journey.
- Be able to clearly present, explain, and justify your copy decisions to anyone who might ask about them.
**Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types. You may show us content you’ve created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.**
What You Bring to the Table
- 2+ years working with content for web or mobile experiences/consumer-facing company
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of user flows and UX/UI principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- A collaborative, proactive and “hands-on” mindset that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and user impact. You don’t just care about “how it sounds,” or “what we should say,” but “why are we communicating this at all? and “how will this impact our users' lives?”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Content Strategy, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Human-Centered Design or other area(s) of relevant focus
- A conceptual mind that not only writes copy but considers visuals as well
- Ability to understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
- Information architecture experience is plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
To apply for this job please visit careers-grubhub.icims.com.